Out & About with the boys (again) pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Was out and about with my nephews again this weekend, eldest one's turn to light the fire this time round, he collected all of the tinder, kindling etc himself and went to it....

Woods24-2-0810A.jpg

Woods24-2-0811A.jpg

Woods24-2-0812A.jpg

Once the fire was going it was time for a brew, he wanted to try nettle tea so i made some up for him,

Woods24-2-0816A.jpg

He hated the tea, but happily munched on the wilted leaves:)

Couple of genaral shots of the camp area

Woods24-2-0814A.jpg

Woods24-2-0819A.jpg

Having had something to eat & drink (glad i took some hot chocolate with me for nipper), we went for a bit of a bimble and found a huge Cramp Ball on a fallen Ash (nephews hand next to it for size)

Woods24-2-0821A.jpg

After a bit of a walk around, we headed back to camp where he wanted to try the flint & steel as he doesn't get on with it that well, and wanted to practice, it took him a little while to get an ember, but he did it in the end...

Woods24-2-0826A.jpg

Woods24-2-0828A.jpg

Also made a raised platform to keep our firewood off the damp ground..

Woods24-2-0817A.jpg

Unfortunately time ran out and he didn't have time to construct a roof for it, still always next time:)

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Lovely pics again, thank you! If there are any conifer plantations in the area, look out for Grand Fir trees - my kids love grand fir tree tea! When you crush the needles they smell of grapefruit and it makes a lovely hot citric drink ... even nicer with a teaspoon of honey :)

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
Lovely pics again, thank you! If there are any conifer plantations in the area, look out for Grand Fir trees - my kids love grand fir tree tea! When you crush the needles they smell of grapefruit and it makes a lovely hot citric drink ... even nicer with a teaspoon of honey :)

I will give that one a go:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE