ouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
cycling is not safe. At least when your off road the ground has some slip so you tend not to graze yourself to badly. Still it could I've been involved whith an event that had a fatal crash. I decided to to race after seeing just how much kids will push themsleves infront of a crowd and their parents. I've ben luck with high speed crashes. I came off at 20mph (accurate to +-1mph) went along on my face to get up and carry on.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
You guys are too nice! :biggthump

Kim, this one was a good 9, i didn't feel it at the time, I was really annoyed because i had scagged my jumper, my chain had come off, my little gear indicator had come off and i was very embaressed (lots of people around!). I was cycling off home and i thought "my thumb is hurting". Got home took off the glove and, lets just say it wasn't a pretty site!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Wow that must have been painful. :yikes: Hope things heal up well for you. You know the old saying: what doesn't kill ya will make you stronger.

On the positive side, I learned a new word in this thread. Prang! :lol: Does anyone want to enlighten me as to the exact meaning of this?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It's like a nasty incident, like a fall or clash or something.

Its funny getting used to using just one hand, it took me 15 mins to do my laces! And writing is difficult too, as there is nothing keeping the page still!

I hate the sling o have been given, very uncomfortable, but only until fri!

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
jake you should take care the bottom of pen-y-lan hill is lethal at this time of the year :yikes: all the leaves from the park and they're wet :roll:

Hoodoo the meaning of "prang" is to crash, dates from WW11, it's R.A.F slang can be prefixed by "Wizard " so you get a wizard prang usually meaning a total writeoff :eek:):

regards

beach bum

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
jake you should take care the bottom of pen-y-lan hill is lethal at this time of the year :yikes: all the leaves from the park and they're wet :roll:

Hoodoo the meaning of "prang" is to crash, dates from WW11, it's R.A.F slang can be prefixed by "Wizard " so you get a wizard prang usually meaning a total writeoff :eek:):

Funny old forum this Nederlanders giving Englishmen spelling lessons and Welshmen giving Americans vocabulary :biggthump

You're never to old to learn

regards

beach bum

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Where's pen-y-lan again? I don't think it was that one, it was the hill going down into Llanfad fields from Cardiff road...(BTW Welsh speakers...what does pen-y-lan mean? surely not "up-the-head"???

Andy, wouldn't snow chains be very tiresome?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cheers squidders. I went to the surgery today for an assessment, they have put me in a very over the top cast, which reaches all the way down to my elbow !! :?: :?:

Long wait and the staff there was really stretched, when some :censored: decided to complian about the wait and cause a big stir.

Oh well, only on for 3 weeks so not long really!

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
you have to have the pot going all the way to the elbow, todo with all the tendons IIRC

snow chains shouldn't be too bad.
easier then getting one of these up a hill anyway
orange223.jpg

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Im assuming you don't hold the above bike in high regard, it does look like an Argos make.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well, i went to the trauma clinic today, after three weeks walking round with a constant "thumbs up" :rolmao: customers were even cheeky enough to gesture!

I had the cast taken off at about 9 o'clock and it was a very wierd sensation, my arm kept moving faster than i wanted it to! I waited to be seen by a doctor who didn't actually tell me much, but to wait in the waiting room until i was called. So i waited. and waited. And waited. It was about 2 O'clock and 5 hours in the same seat had somewhat done my head in. So i went and asked to see if i had somehow missed my name, i had :roll:

Im basically fine! :eek:): :eek:): except all the muscle has gone and i have to re-build my ligaments. And i have a very girly arm, all thin :wink: And my thumb doesn't move as there aint much tissue moving it!

but all's well in the end :biggthump (pun)

Jake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE