Ossian Camp???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I came across this shelter last Easter whilst out pike fishing at Loch Ossian on Rannoch Moore. Pretty remote country. Forgot all about it but I was going through my photos today and stumbled across it again. I was just wondering if anyone on the forum would recognise it? This is the very area that the guy from Wigan died a few years ago, and the thought that it might have been one of his camps did cross my mind! Anyone recognise it as their handywork?

Beautiful place, but bleak in the winter. This is the view I woke to on Easter Sunday. I have put this pic up previously, so you've probably seen it before.

Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
One of the best places in the world.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk
Access to ossian looks like either train and short hike, or long hike from road. Anyone have inside knowledge of access routes?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Train to Corrour then walk in. The road isn't an option unless on bike or foot. It's private access with locked gates 17 miles east of the loch I believe.

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
Yes the train is best. You can stay in the youth hostel on the Loch. Stunning spot

attachment.php

Attachments

• P8280757.jpg
    P8280757.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 52

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE