Osprey?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
A couple of days ago I saw this guy flying over our garden. Something looked unfamiliar, so I grabbed my camera and managed to get one picture before it disappeared.
The image quality is not very good, for me it looks like an Osprey. I have never seen one in that area, so I am not sure. What do you think?

Osprey?
by Sabrina M, auf Flickr

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yup - looks like one to me as well.
I have seen them in the Tivy Valley in West Wales but the nearest nest is a good hour and a half away...
birds pass through areas to nest in distant locations and we even used to have the odd one visit on its way up to Scotland.

Reactions: Turnstone

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
Yep, shape of the wings gives it away. Here's a picture of one I saw a couple of weeks ago in Staffordshire for comparison
de9ab2a5c963e86972cd8ab6f6d6b11e.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Turnstone

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Yes its an Osprey. You can usually tell because the straps are pretty well designed and the external pockets are good and well placed. Never seen one in a swimming pool before, though.

(My full name is actually William Facetious O'Brian)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE