Oslo Shops

fern

Oct 18, 2004
Wales
Could any of our Norwegian friends recommend any good shops in Oslo (or close by) that stock Norrona kit and Eagle Sharp?

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
fern, at the cheaper price end try the GSports chain which sells both these items (probably a limited Norrona range).

The stores in Oslo can be found here:

Forhandlere - Oslo

The one in Torggata is pretty big and close to the one Tor helge suggests. Details here:

G-Sport Torggata

You can check out their 2006 Hiking catalogue as a pdf here:

G Sport Friluftsguiden 2006 -5.3MB

Warning. Reading this brochure may make you dribble :) Especially if you consider that you will be buying tax-free and save 25% VAT, which makes the prices a lot more competitive. Just remember to claim it on the way out (I missed the chance after buying stuff last year because the train left too early for the office to open in Olso :( )

To find all the outlets for Norrona go to the Norrona web site here
Norrona.com

Select 'Europe' from the menu
Select 'store locator' (find retailer) from top menu.

Enter 'Oslo' and click Search

It will give you links to details for the shops.

Fora really pucka outdoor shop which does the whole range of Fjallraven clothing and Norrona etc, I went to this place:

Skandinavisk Høyfjellsutstyr

They have a store in the Torggata too (so they are all close together :) ) Details of this store and another here:

HER FINNER DU OSS

If you have any queries you want to sort before you get there just phone or email in English and they should be able to help.

Remember! make sure you get those TAX FREE receipts :D

Just a word on the Eagle Sharp stuff. I really like some of their cooking utensils (especially their s/s kettle, wok ) but most of the rest is not so hot. Some of the cookware is cheap and thin s/s and is just re-badged cheap Far eastern stuff.

Check out their products here:

EAGLE Products

Click on 'Stålartikler for tur' for cook stuff and click the buttons

Note it often is called 'Eagle Products' on the stuff but it is the same manu. (see the web url)

Happy shopping :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE