Optimus Svea 123 In Any Condition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm after one of the small Optimus Svea 123 stoves. Don't mind condition as I'm happy to repair. Looking to use it - it won't sit in the garage collecting dust, I promise!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I'm after one of the small Optimus Svea 123 stoves. Don't mind condition as I'm happy to repair. Looking to use it - it won't sit in the garage collecting dust, I promise!

Does it need to be a 123? There are similar stoves which will do just as good a job and you might come across them as often if not more so. I've picked up this kind of thing very cheaply in flea markets:

http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/showtopic.php?tid/22174/

and no fettling ever needed. :)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Which one is the 123R

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

This one
08040701.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Which one is the 123R

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

The older 123 has the spindle that controls the burner angled down and the jet cleaner is on a pricker.
The 123R has the horizontal control spindle and the jet cleaner is built onto the end of the needle valve so when you turn the control spindle fully it pokes through the jet and cleans it.

I have the 123R, can't say I've used the 123 to tell how much difference it all makes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE