Optimus Nova for tommorrow.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Hi guys, this is just on the off chance that someone knows a highstreet store that seels the nova. I am off camping tommorow and idealy would pick one up on route. I will be taking my trangia with meths so it would be great if they sell the adapter.
As useual this was a last minute thing and iv'e decided to take the plunge with the Nova.
It's one of those things that can wait but i want it for my little trip :lmao: , it's not overly important of course.
Also a general Nova question.
i want to use it in conjunction with the trangia so i realise i have to get the adapter. However i have been studying pictures of the nova and the nova plus. The nova has a long handle on it which i presume is an extension for the simmer knob to go through the trangia but the plus has no extension. If it's the case of a few quid between the two , how does one reach the simmer knob on the plus, or is this not an issue?
Anyway thanks :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bilko

With the Nova plus, you control the flame from a valve on the fuel tank, the Nova has the separate control valve near the burner.

I've not tried the Nova+, but a mate has, and it takes longer to get to simmer than the standard Nova (based on his opinion, may be wrong) as you are still burning off fuel in the line after you turn down the heat. Its easy enough to cut the required holes in a Trangia base to accommodate fuel lines or control valves though should yours not have it or them.

I'd wait until you get back before buying, use the stove at home a few times (whichever version you buy) before you take it on a trip

Have a great trip

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Thanks for the info Rik.
Yeah you're right about waiting of course. It would be a christmas present to myself and you just know how easy it is to get carried away when you realy want something :lmao:
Best to get it right after all , all good things to those who wait. It will be cheaper on the net anyway.
Cheers
ian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE