Opportunity to rent woodland near Belvoir Castle, Leicestershire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Ok – I have today (26 March 2013) contacted Belvoir Estate and confirmed my discussion –given below

As agreed I am confirming our discussion today for future reference.

I have taken soundings and found that there are not enough people interested to make it worthwhile having a formal agreement. About 10 people expressed a strongish interest and my best guess is that in practice that would probably mean around 3 - 4 people actually turning up at any given weekend.

We then discussed the possibility of a more informal arrangement whereby partof the site could be used for bushcrafting at weekends, with an informal arrangement between the main user and the bushcrafters. You are not ruling this out at this stage. For example, you suggested that the only current possibility might be a part of the estate used for archery but unfortunately the archery use is also at weekends.

You will bear our discussion in mind when talking with other users. To help you with that I said:

· we would be happy to discuss any concerns
· I was sure that, based on experience at other sites, we would be able to meet those concerns
· For example the policy of 'leave no trace' could include only having fires above ground (eg 'jerry can fires')
· No special facilities were required eg people could bring in their own water, and no toilets were needed
· Stays were normally a maximum of Friday late afternoon to late morning Monday
· The level of payment for sites of this kind was normally £5 (ish) per person per night

We agreed that it would be ok for me to contact you periodically, both as a reminder and also to see if there were any developments.

I also gave my telephone number in case the Estate needs to contact me.

So now it is just a case of ‘wait and see’.................................PS - I was only able to generate paragraph spacings by writing it out in Word first and then copying it into BCUK . I added this PS after pasting into BCUK and the enter key still has no effect WHY O WHY O WHY BBC DOES THIS HAPPEN?????

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Ok – I have today (26 March 2013) contacted Belvoir Estate and confirmed my discussion –given below ...

Good work Chris, I'm hoping something will comwe of it eventually. :)

... the enter key still has no effect WHY O WHY O WHY BBC DOES THIS HAPPEN?????

We need to talk. The upshot is that things are not always what they seem, especially on the World-Wide Web.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I wonder if the other users would have a problem with us using dug toilets or open ground for urination... it'll be interersting to see where their archers meet as some of the ground is very not-bushcrafty, from formal to open sterile field land.

Was there any indication of use of collected wood for a communal? They may want us to bring it in rather than manage the area... I guess this is by discussion with the sharers and groundskeeper. I'm a workparty kinda gal tbh, they're my main motivation for attending a venue.

I'd be very uncomfortable sharing with archers over a weekend, I've been a live target at paintballing and that was bad enough ;)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Was there any indication of use of collected wood for a communal? They may wantus to bring it in rather than manage the area... I guess this is by discussionwith the sharers and groundskeeper. I'm a workparty kinda gal tbh, they're mymain motivation for attending a venue.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I didn’t’ ask about anything not already mentioned in theposts above – I thought I was going far enough in drawing attention to fires.
If there is any likelihood of us being able to camp on part of the estate then I’d propose a site meeting, and I would agree with the Estate how many of us could attend and then invite people.
The chap I was speakingto seemed open minded so I don’t see it as a lost cause – certainly not at this stage so fingers crossed …...............................................................................................................................................…Ged - if you have any suggestions on what is wrong with my enter key I'd be interested to know - can you explain in words of one syllable in a PM??? (I'm no very good with computers)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE