Open fire in a polish army lavvu??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
could always make something that works along these lines or buy one of these but sheesh kebabos its expensive and meths would need to be bought in bulk
http://www.nordicoutdoor.co.uk/ecom_fullinfo.html?productid=151

Good choice, I use Ethanol in mine (<£1 a litre), much safer than an open fire in a setup so small as these Polish poncho's. To be honest I'm waiting to read a thread about one of you going for the Darwin award by having an open fire in such a small place...the idea of it is shere lunacy. While this comment may upset sum I feel better for voicing my concerns and promise not to say 'I told you so' when someone here gets a trip to the local burns unit or undertakers.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
yeah ferg I got one of him cheers, beef stew, very good! we took that in with us when we last went in December, going out again soon, Making my own underblanket out of an old sleeping bag so gonna test run that. good luck with the stove! sounds good if you have room in your pack! good for long trips but maybe the one nighters just take an extra jumper and bottle of scrumpy! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE