Open and expired dressing going spare

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Afternoon,

I have an expired and opened Israeli dressing and a expired trauma dressing going spare. If anybody wants it for practice let me know and I’ll post it out.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I find it really hard to understand how a sterile dressing pack can have an expiry date.
However, since it's been opened and thus compromised, keep it. No germs are going to jump out and kill the neighborhood in the first 5 minutes when you really need that dressing. Equal to the inside of an intact and baked loaf of bread (so PhD Microbiologists tell me(= bread is First Aid).)

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I find it really hard to understand how a sterile dressing pack can have an expiry date.
However, since it's been opened and thus compromised, keep it. No germs are going to jump out and kill the neighborhood in the first 5 minutes when you really need that dressing. Equal to the inside of an intact and baked loaf of bread (so PhD Microbiologists tell me(= bread is First Aid).)
As discussed previously it’s probably safe, and I’ve used plenty of expired dressings on live casualties, however these are surplus to requirements and I thought someone may benefit from having one to practice with, which is why I opened it in the first place.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
So very very sorry for the delay in responding but yesterday ( Sunday) I was handed a package by my daughter in law " OH, this came for you the other day".
Thank you for a most welcome addition to Kim and my first aid kit. Here's hoping I never get to need them

Reactions: Wildgoose

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE