oooo look what postie braught today!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
newcamera1008.jpg

made by a mate of mine in the states,and ime getting arrowheads next!

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
They are lovely. Was it someone on Paleoplanet? If you hafted one of those onto an atlatl dart, what sort of punishment would it take? I mean, if it hit a tree would it shatter?

Eric

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I remember hearing/seeing on ‘time team Salisbury plain dig, (I think that), all the really top quality flint arrow heads were made as offerings, rather than for using

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They are lovely. Was it someone on Paleoplanet? If you hafted one of those onto an atlatl dart, what sort of punishment would it take? I mean, if it hit a tree would it shatter?

Eric

Yeah, they break. It happens when the arrowheads hit bone too......and they don't always kill cleanly either :(
The archaeological record is fullof examples. Near Star Carr they found a deer that had several arrow heads that had fragmented in it, and it had obviously escaped and lived for a because the bones had started to heal before it died. It looks like the beast had escaped into the marshy ground away from the hunters.

Beautiful work there fishfish :)

cheers,
Toddy

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
i know of quite a few pheasants that survive a shotgun too,i find them in the briars and undergrowth! in all seriousnes stone points are made from a good many different materials,several of which are very hard and durable,the yanks love the ones made of obsidian. a chap i know took a huge black bear with one shot with a flint arrowhead!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE