Only four items to take into the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ridge rover

Oct 7, 2008
Nashville, Tennessee
There are challenges for one from another culture to converse here. You guys may be thinking of something different than others. A length of stay was not mentioned. Most here may have a shorter visit to the bush in mind. But if you throw in a longer length of stay, answers may be different.

Someone wisely stated the absense of a pot in the answers. For longer periods of time, a pot for boiling water is important for inferior water sources.

Anyway, its a refreshing question to the so called 10 essentials I hear in America.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I'm intrested...
...a few people have given lists that have no pot in it. (insert drugs joke/retort here)

Without one, how would you go about boiling water, cooking food and so on? I know metal cups can be used for that purpose, but for those who've listed things like Fire making, shelter, sleeping and a knife... how do you cook, boil and store things?

In my part of the woods it is quite simple. I don`t need to boil water to make it safe.
Food (from the seashore) could be cooked on coals. And we live in an environment full of garbage. Ropes (from fishingboats), containers (plastic and metal) and even plastic tarps could be found almost everywhere along the coastline.
Not very bushcrafty though, I know:) .

Tor

That would be two.

I was interested in if anyone would include a shovel in their list, none has so far.
A mil e-tool with a sharpen edge works almost as good as a axe or machete and it will also dig, just a thought.

E tools are awsome, I have one for when I can take more than four things lol.

PICT0068.jpg

My four things would be

1. My Knife
2. My canteen
3. My canteen cup
4. My firesteel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE