Online biltong suppliers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Can anyone recommend an online biltong supplier?
I know I can make my own, I have a biltong box already. I just have the time and space to do it at the moment.

Last year I lived near a butchers that sold the best biltong you could imagine but now I live in the sticks and wouldn't know where my nearest supplier would be.

So, has/does anyone use an online supplier that they know sells good quality meat? I don't want to use one that has cheap cutsof meat or bad food hygiene standards.

Chris

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well, you've inspired me to look at an old freestanding kitchen cupboard that's sitting in the garage holding a few tools, buy a £12 240v computer fan, a light fitting, a switch, some hooks, dowel, and investigate the price of a good length of silverside (£16 ish).

And buy a vac sealer. Like I need an excuse to spend money. Bloody cheers mate! :lmao:

If I get any done to a good standard before Christmas, I'll send some over.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
There is s little shop in Arvidsjaur in Sweden that does an awesome dried reindeer meat.

Search on Anna-Lisas Souvenirbutik Arvidsjaur.
She also carries Same stuff like Kåsor, knifes and so on.
I started using her in the late 1979's.

Last edited:

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Well, you've inspired me to look at an old freestanding kitchen cupboard that's sitting in the garage holding a few tools, buy a £12 240v computer fan, a light fitting, a switch, some hooks, dowel, and investigate the price of a good length of silverside (£16 ish).

And buy a vac sealer. Like I need an excuse to spend money. Bloody cheers mate! :lmao:

If I get any done to a good standard before Christmas, I'll send some over.

How is the biltong going, Rich? I still haven't even bought any let alone cured some myself!

Might see if I can get some reindeer in time for Christmas.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Well I decided St Marcus was the best to go for and look what arrived today!

Good price and I ordered 5 different types and were all in stock. it worked out better value per kg even with delivery, than tesco's own which is just a bag of thin cut scraps! I will definitely be using them again and recommended them!
The trouble is the missus has dipped her fingers in one of the bags already! The only good thing is I have bought uncut and she can't cut it!

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
I have brought some biltong from st Marcus and enjoyed it.But as I've been of work today with a strained back I decided to make my own biltong,so there for I had to make a biltong box with things I found laying about.A storage box which I wired a light into the bottom of the box,along with a pc fan that I put in the lid,with some wood dowels to hold the meat.
3dce9e2cc1e27781dda454caae0d40b8.jpg
d1ec85bb2b41d6bce89e68fb4ef9fcc2.jpg
387dc999fee31e489463208e9f8f2987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gjvr

Feb 3, 2017
England
biltongbuddys.com
Hi Chris,

Have you found any online biltong suppliers? I believe Gavins biltong is good, he is based in the UK and does mail order.

I haven't bought his biltong yet, but my brother has and raves about it.

I make my own, with my own recipe which doesn't take very long to do at all.

MK-MIKE

Dec 2, 2009
Milton Keynes
Cruga in Milton Keynes (luckily I live 10 minutes away from them). But I tend to make my own nowadays just to annoy my siblings (I was born in SA).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE