One unhappy customer Nitecore D10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
Having bought a Nitecore D10 I was very suprised to find that some of the HA had worn off from the knurling, this was not from the peaks but from the angled surface. My impression of HA was that it was fairly tough stuff, I have other torches that have been on my duty belt and in rucksacks with no scratching.

Anyway I contacted Nitecore and they suggested that I contact the people that I bought it from. Nitecore.co.uk. They asked for pictures and have now said that it looked like normal wear and tear, and will not replace the item.

Here is the intersting bit. I bought the light with the pocket clip. I had it TWO days before I noticed the fault. During that two days the light was either clipped to my pocket or in a fleece pocket not in contact with anything else.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

My research has shown that people suggest that a test for HA is to use a knife to see if it will scratch, if it that tough then what I an experienceing surely should not happen, I am disgusted by the level of service that I have recieved and will certainly not be using them again

I bought a D10 from the same people, unfortunately after a short while it developed an electrical fault where it flickered on & off. I contacted the supplier who replaced it promptly without any arguement. So I can't complain about the service they offer.

Anyway, is it such a big problem with the anodising coming off?

I use my equipment, which after a while looks used, but it doesn't detract from how well it functions.

I also like the fact that my equipment looks used as whilst I may be a kit junkie, I wouldn't want to be mistaken as having all the kit but no idea !

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
You know I have no problem with kit looking worn over time, but I am only talking 2 days of light use.
I have Maglites that have had more stick than this. I thought hard adonising was just that HARD

Leon

Sep 14, 2003
Lincolnshire
Sadly, I think HA is one of the more over-hyped issues around flashlights. From reading various internet fora (for too long:rolleyes: :) ) it seems quality can vary across the same brand, let alone across the industry.
I have a Surefire A2 that came with the head not quite tightened properly, which, as I found out in short order, was due to the pocket clip not being properly seated. As I turned the head, the top curve of the pocket clip scratched off a portion of the HA along the bottom of the head. Nice:rolleyes: Had owned it for thes than an hour.:banghead:
I've had it a few years now and the high spots on the knurling are missing the HA in places but apart from that and the head scratch, it looks very tidy every where else.
On all of the flashlights I've had with it though, it has been a better performer than the standard anodizing found on the stock maglite.
From your description it does sound like you may have a slightly below par example but then HA isn't the armour plating that some advertising would have you believe either.
Cheers,
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE