One for the military chaps!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sam442

Oct 17, 2009
Bristol/Salisbury
instructors don't want soldiers scattering blank ammunition all over training areas

Brecon pouch is great for scattering empty mags all over the training area when people haven't had their belts done up tight enough, spent more than a few hours digging through heather looking for them (never mine I might add)
Everything said so far has been spot on in my experience, trying to get a mag back in a pouch while stressed and/or prone is not easy, even worse when cold and wet.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Has already been discussed, dump pouch is for putting removed mags into. Some folks pop them into the front of the combat smock (only works if wearing an external belt, or has the hem tied up at the waist).

There is a very good case for retaining empty mags for future use, they came off your rifle working, so they should be working next time too.

I recall reading that in the Vietnam war, the US forces were issued ammo in pre filled M16 mags of 20, but due to the huge manufacturing and supply chain, the mag springs went soft in storage, leading to misfeeds.

The M16 was also designed and sold as 'self cleaning', with the result that the troops often didn't, with the resultant stoppages.

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
I always used to stuff my empty mags down the front of my smock, but I guess, now that body armour has arrived on the scene, that's not an option anymore?

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Dump pouches are great in our new theatres of ops as it means we do not loose as many mags and also they can not be used against us in IED's also a lot guys carry more than just the eight mags you get most carry as many as you can get your hands on as fire fights are intense with lulls till you fix and then win the fire-fight and then you can reload once in some cover.

tapping mags together is never a good idea in dusty conditions as said before dust and mud can get into the mags and cause damage and problems.

There is still a gulf between what is available and gets issued to people not all get the newest guichi kit that available so guys still buy their own kit. I have been quite a few years now and have quite a collection of kit but I also keep my eye out on the new items that are out there and sometimes even make my own:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE