One for the Dutchies ;)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beakytzw

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2005
where ever the military send me!
I live down in Limburg, and was thinking about taking my Daughter out for a few nights into the Brunssum/Heerle Hiede as it is our last 2 weeks here in NL before returning to UK. But i was wondering about the local laws would we be allowed to have a small campfire for cooking/Hot coffee/tea/chocolate?

Perhaps you Netherlands members might be able to advise me.

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Phil,

Open fire is a big no-no in the Netherlands, unless you are on private ground and have permission (so, actually the same rule applies as in the UK). There are some spots overhere where you are allowed to camp for a maximum of 72 hrs (on government ground / in a national park) - on those spots there will be a waterpump, but you'll need to purify (not: filter) it before consumption. Don't know if there are any near you, have to look it up. I'll get back to you this afternoon.

This is the only option for you when you want to camp in the wild (and not on a camping :rolleyes: ) - as in the UK (Scotland excluded) wild camping is ... as you've already guessed ... also a big no-no :(

Of course you could plant your tent or hang you basha on a nice spot and just take the risk of not being caught ... but this is a proper forum, so I won't advice you to do so. ;)

Hope this helps for this moment, as promised: I'll get back to you on those spots in Limburg this afternoon.

Beakytzw

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2005
where ever the military send me!
Thanks Johan,

I suppose I could always find a friendly Farmer who will let me camp on his/her land and light a small fire :^( but i guess that will probably be impossible but worth a try i suppose.

Many thanks for your help so far mate and i look forward to the rest of the info.

Phil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE