M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, you said you liked them.......

543951833_8c0cb40341.jpg

Not the best of shots but I'll get a great buzzard eventually :rolleyes:

Red

leon-1

That's a nice picky Red, I have two pairs that fly down the valley where I live, they gracefully manouevre there way through torrents of herring gulls that try to mob them. People say that gulls are great in flight, but the buzzards make them look like pure amateurs in comparison.

Oh, saw a Kite the other day as well, wasn't quick enough to get a photo, was also somewhat surprised as we are not supposed to have them down here.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We're very blessed in having several breeding pairs of buzzards in the woods and have had several kites visit too. I was chatting with Jon when he visited for a wander and he mentioned he liked buzzards - I must admit I have seen so few wild kites here they still exite me so I know just how you feel.

I have only managed very poor shots of the kite once and a poor shot of our local peregrine once (mainly as they are just so quick), but they still get my heart going.

I just love raptors I guess - I like seeing them see off the corvids round here when they get mobbed. They seem to put up with dive bombing for a bit but now and again turn on a crow or jackdaw! Fantastic to watch them. Don't think the gamekeeper feels the same though :D

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pib,

Pretty much a full grown buzzard that one I think Pib - 3 foot wingspan or thereabouts

Red

Long Stride

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2006
Dundee
Sorry, can't get my photo to show.

It wasn't as good as Reds anyway.

Tried to edit my post but it wouldn't let me.
It now says it was edited by Leon 1, but it was me!!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Fantastic looking birds, and those shots are way better than anything I have taken of them.....
All the best for tomorrow, Red....

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Just got back from a short hol in the peak district. Lovely walks, fantastic views - nice to see some 4x4s doing real work, i.e towing ifor williams trailers full of sheep up steep hills (never buy a used 4x4 from that area I guess).Saw a few dippers and grey wagtails, some huge trout below the footbridge in Bakewell and........nearly caused a motorway pile up on the M1 on the way home when a pair of buzzards glided above me....yeah I still get exited too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE