on or off canister burner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

On Canister or Off Canister Stove?

• On Caniser

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Off Canister

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Dosent Matter

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • I dont use Canisters!

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I love my Nova's and Omnifuels, two of the very best paraffin stoves going (MSR XGK is fine though). I'll use naptha fuelled stoves but paraffin is my favourite fuel when not using a Trangia.

The Omnifuel just has the edge on the Nova because you can of course burn gas as well as naptha and paraffin.

Whats 'kero' by the way;) (don't go for American slang a lot, sorry).

Apart from fuel costs as I mentioned earlier, choice of stove can be dictated by the food you eat. You don't need anything fancy for tea and noodle cooking and good use of a 'cozy' can reduce the fuel bill too. I'll use a pukka Trangia because with upward of a fifty minute simmer you have the chance of cooking real food but as a static camper these days one of the great joys of my time outdoors is cooking a nice meal slowly; that way I get better food and time to enjoy whatever of my toys I'm cooking on :)

Now if I was a nipper again I have no doubt I'd be shaving off the grammes too but at my age sod that, put a stew on for an hour, open a beer, and just chill out :D

Well said, I enjoyed reading that, and think how happy I am with my new Trangia 27-4HA with the gas and the multifuel burners - I ready for anything bar a rib of beef and I'd give that ago :)

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I like my bluet.

I still use the piercable cans, (I got a load cheap)

but thats car camping...Im not sure what i would carry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE