OmniAxe

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not sure if this would work on all but the most seasoned of woods but if one wanted to make smaller kindling and save the back maybe worth the investment with some axe heads and a welder??

What do people think - useful bespoke tool right for a specific function or fad idea?? splitter.JPG

splitter1.JPG

splitter3.JPG

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Not sure if this would work on all but the most seasoned of woods but if one wanted to make smaller kindling and save the back maybe worth the investment with some axe heads and a welder??

What do people think - useful bespoke tool right for a specific function or fad idea?? View attachment 75030

View attachment 75031

View attachment 75032
That axe reminds me of the month on the alien in predator (which was modelled on the dragonfly larvae)

Really not my thing, and can see issues in relation to the welds and splitting efficiency

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
You're going to have to hit that with a very heavy lump of metal (like a club hammer or sledge hammer) so the pole is going to get a lot of damage; but I guess that doesn't matter.

Promise me you won't make one out of any antique British axe heads :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What a waste of 5 axes.

All that weight is going to make it unweildy and difficult to use and you'll tire out pdq if you try doing any serious work with it

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Swinging that is going to be horrible. A hydraulic ram driving logs onto might work. But after seeing AvE's * attempts at making a splitting come a cropper, probably not for long.

* Won't link the video, as contains copious f-bombs, but "Dangerous Log Splitter" is the title.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE