Omg is this a wind up????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I can see a purchase coming on.......nah....I reckon Mary could make a pattern for a loden one. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Those kilts with pockets aren't a joke been around a while my brother wears one in canada. not a 5.11 one but Personally I like it.... Tempted as the kilt that was bought fit me for my 21st appears to have shrunk in the cupboard over the years (36 this year)

Orric

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aw c'mon, you know if the "great man himself" wore one you'd want one....

Rob

I Wouldn't. A Imagedude said, its a skirt for men. The short kilt isn't even a Scottish invention/ Doesn't make any sense to me as a garment

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
If one's thinking of a kilt, why not get a proper one?

I wore one for work and bumbling around quite regularly in the early 80's. My mothers uncle died (of malaria that he picked up in the burmese jungle during the war) and while round at the old great aunties paying our respects she asked me if there was anything of his that I'd like. I took one of his kilts.

Caused a real stooshie but I was oblivious to all of that at the time. I took it to my mother for a small repair after I'd been wearing it for a couple of years, and haven't seen it since. At first she simply denied I'd given it to her but years later she fessed up. Turned out that was the kilt he stormed sword-beach in, armed with his bagpipes, the long rust stains inside a couple of the pleats turned out not to be rust after all :(

I loved that kilt and it took a while to get a replacement. But if one is looking for a kilt, it would have to be wool and as a bushy kilt, it would need to be green, or one of the wasted tartans, fortunately wool is still cheaper than ventile, just ;)

http://www.scotweb.co.uk/products/single-colour-wool-casual-kilt/

For an extra few quid, one could go an extra couple of yards too.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE