OMG !!! How cheap??

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just been to do a bit of post Xmas shopping with Jules and I wandered into the Clas Ohlson shop in Manchester Arndale....... RESULT!!!

Frosts crook knives are £7
Carbon steel Frosts Mora 640 with sheath are £2.49.....NO IT'S NOT A TYPO!!!
I bought eight just for gifts and giveaways at meets.
Folding Kuksas are £1.20
Camp axes are £7
and Folding swedish saws £6.50

There is a god .... Ans his name is Clas Ohlson

Website below

http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/StartPageProducts.aspx

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
i love it when you see a brilliant bargain cant contain your excitment, bet you was supermarket sweeping them into the trolley would have like to have seen your face when you where buying them, you be on the uk terror watch list now,

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Carbon steel Frosts Mora 640 with sheath are £2.49.....NO IT'S NOT A TYPO!!!

I pestered them to get these in ages ago. It took me several emails to the manager asking them to stock them before they did. :( Sorry guys i forgot to mention it when they finally got them in. ( I will go and hide in the corner again.....Just glad you found them Dave or I would have forgot about them again) If you say you are a bushcrafter and a member on here ....you wont get a discount but it might keep them in stock. I have to get back down for a couple more soon.

Cracking little knives but they rust like stink.....just look at them near rain and they have a covering of surface rust.

I missed the folding saws tho.....what floor are they on ...for the next time I go in. They also have trangia's in for £34. I get sooooooo tempted everytime I go in.

Greg

Last edited:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I pestered them to get these in ages ago. It took me several emails to the manager asking them to stock them before they did. :( Sorry guys i forgot to mention it when they finally got them in. ( I will go and hide in the corner again.....Just glad you found them Dave or I would have forgot about them again) If you say you are a bushcrafter and a member on here ....you wont get a discount but it might keep them in stock. I have to get back down for a couple more soon.

Cracking little knives but they rust like stink.....just look at them near rain and they have a covering of surface rust.

I missed the folding saws tho.....what floor are they on ...for the next time I go in. They also have trangia's in for £34. I get sooooooo tempted everytime I go in.

Greg

Folding saws are on the hardware floor near the gardening stuff (on the far left as you get off the escalator). I'm sure the knives will rust being high carbon, but for less than the price of a coffee in starbucks they're well worth it for training knives and handouts. If someone totally trashes one (can this actually be done with a mora)..I'd rather it be a couple of quid than a hundred lol. I can see me spending way too much money in there though..Bad Dave!!!

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
I think I'll be taking a ride out to Manchester for a shopping trip.
Prices like this cannot be ignored!!!

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
My God that's amazing. And far away. There must be a group buy type arrangement to be made here? Anyone fancy a shopping trip? I'd be in for a couple of crook knives and a trang at least...

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
GAH! that sounds fantastic value and yet if i drag my missus to the trafford centre i fear we'll be skint in 5 minutes. the "SALE" signs make her eyes light up.

Edit: oops its arndale init?
actually thats better, i can get on the train and not worry about her and the kids in the middle of town.
ooh i can see what tibb street has in the way of sale items too (militarykit.com)

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
hmmmmmm one of their stores in Watford. Not too far away....... :)

:mexwave::mexwave:

Well spotted that man :D

I'd just said to the little wifey we need to go to Watford tomorrow :drive: as we've got some vouchers to spend when I noted your post Paul. You can guess where I'll be heading :rolleyes:

Last edited:

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
:mexwave::mexwave:

Well spotted that man :D

I'd just said to the little wifey we need to go to Watford tomorrow :drive: as we've got some vouchers to spend when I noted your post Paul. You can guess where I'll be heading :rolleyes:

Just got back from Watford:drive:.

They have no spoon knives left :( The main warhouse has none either and no stock expected for about 3-4 weeks.

I got 3 of the Carbon steel Frosts Mora 640 leaving 4 in stock.

They only had 1 axe left and to be honest it was pretty much rounded and would need a lot of work to sharpen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE