Olympus 8x42 bins for trade

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Ive got a set of Olympus 8x42 EXPS I binos that i would like to trade for a quality monocular, pref Opticron BGA.
My binos are in superb nick with no scratches or marks. Warehouse express and Ace optics have these in at £159.
BCUKadd230211010.jpg

BCUKadd230211011.jpg

BCUKadd230211012.jpg

BCUKadd230211013.jpg

Would sell for £65 inc of postage

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:

beardypete

Jan 25, 2011
Hadfield, Derbyshire
Hi Paul,

I'm interested in the bins, but I'd like to view and make you an offer. I live in Hadfield and wonder where you are in Manchester.

I've been looking at the Opticron Imagics and Optical Hardware's Elinors, but I've had a cheaper pair of Olympus bins that were very good, but not waterproof. The thing is, it's really hard to get hands-on access to Olympus stock and so I'd written off the EXPS1s.

There is just one thing - you've posted twice, one to describe the bins and then again to say 'Just a teeny bump', do you mean that they are damaged?

Cheers,
Pete Clayton

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Lol, no bumps mate, I was just bringing the add up again. They are in excellent condition. I'm in Bolton and you are more than welcome to come and view.

What are you thinking of trading ?

Paul

beardypete

Jan 25, 2011
Hadfield, Derbyshire
Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me - I'm not looking to trade equipment, but I'm happy to make a cash offer.

I've had a hunt on the internet and can find the bins here:

http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog...-8x42-pathfinder-exps-i-porro-prism-binocular

As you can see, Microglobe are selling for just under £91, which looks to be a fantastic bargain. However, it is a long way away from your estimate, and, of course, I'd have a manufacturer's warranty if I bought from them. Maybe £50 is as far as I'd like to go and of course I'll understand if that isn't anywhere as much as you'd be willing to consider. I feel like one of the guys on the Antiques Roadshow....

My problem is that wherever I buy from, I don't want to buy blind - if we don't trade, could you point me in the right direction re a dealer who does stock Olympus?

TIA
Pete

beardypete

Jan 25, 2011
Hadfield, Derbyshire
Oooops!

I've just noticed that this part of the forum is for non cash transactions. Apologies - if you are happy to sell, is there another part of the site that we should post on?

Pete

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I'm happy to sell but not at £50 mate.

Anybody got a nice monocular they wouldn't mind trading, dont mind adding cash to the deal.

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE