OLN Canada. Mantracker Television Show Premiers Apr 12

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stone

Tenderfoot
Cool! Just finished watching it and it looks like it'll be a decent show. Initially I thought it looked a bit campy and predictable on the commercials but It was actually good for tips on what they are actually looking for as far as sign goes. It's actually balanced as far as ego goes. He isn't Mr. hero when he catches up with the prey, and he doesn't get all pissy when he misses them either. He also shows you what throws off the tracker (he's on horseback) and how the prey gets around the tracker.

Apr 18, 2006
Ontario
I think the show is incredible...it's a great concept. BUT....I do have one big beef with it.......and that is that the Mantracker has too big an advantage. Not only is he on horseback, he also has a local guide/sidekick that can tell him about the area. There really isn't much skill required to catch these people when you have all these advantages...let's be honest!!!! And I think this guy is totally arrogant....take his comment to the girls about him coming to get there asses. All in all I think the show has great potential...and I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's episode!

Apr 18, 2006
Ontario
They have updated the website (www.mantracker.ca) now so that you can view clips of the next episode. Tonight's show looks really interesting. I just hope that cute Jim guy (the Prey) isn't really sick. They are talking about a heart attack.

stone

Tenderfoot
countrygirl said:
And I think this guy is totally arrogant....take his comment to the girls about him coming to get there asses.

Heh, The tracker guy was pretty rude there! That's when the girls started working really good together and kicked his butt...laff. My wife mentioned that so far, including tonights episode that the girls are much better at this than the guys... :lmao:

Come on guys, what does it take ??? :nutkick: Fun show so far!

~mike

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Here is the email I sent to the BBC

On the Bushcraftuk website forum in the tracking section some Canadians are talking about a new series on in Canada called Mantracker where a cowboy trained in mantracking by the RCMP hunts down runaways who are contestants from fitness freaks to military types. All they win is bragging rights. I would love to see this and if the BBC bought rights to it I would consider this to be great value for my liscence money.

Cheers Jamie

(for the lazy, you could copy and paste this to them yourselves, to show them interest)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE