Olight i5T EOS - anyone got one?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Evening all,

as above has anyone got an Olight i5T and if so what do you think of it?
Got an email today re a bronze one which isn’t my thing but did get me interested in what looks like a light but very bright torch.
The switch puts me off a little with some reviews saying double tap for full power and some saying soft push for reduced power and hard push for full?
Any user opinions most welcome.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I carry one in my pocket pretty much constantly. Its certainly bright enough for most jobs I need it to do and the two-click system suits me. Battery life seems good too and they are relatively inexpensive and decent looking. Also they seem to have a decent after-market demand so if you don't get on with it you won't lose a fortune. I have four Olights of sizes tiny keyring up to one about the size of a packet of Extra Strong Mints. All good for different purposes.

Reactions: Wildgoose

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
British Red did a very good review of this range of mini flashlights recently on his YouTube slot. It helped me to pick just the right one for my needs. In my case, the ir2 fitted the bill and I am very please with it. Only downside was that it arrived with the recharger cable missing. No big deal as it uses a standard fitting, but it was included in the price.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Ah yes, that review caused me to buy two of the smallest Olights. They are decent enough.
I currently have a sure fire G2 in my grab bag but it’s getting a bit old now and outdated in terms of brightness. The i5T looks to be a lighter and brighter torch

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Actually bought one of these today, seems well made and pretty bright.
will have a proper play with it later, think the switch might take a bit of getting used to.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I got one for £4 with another torch on cyber Monday. I pocket carry mine. Its fine. Pretty robust. Adequate light, takes a common battery. I wouldn't cry if I lost it but its small, simple and the light is adequate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE