oiling my pulk ......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Had a couple of hours in the bat cave the other day ,,,:)

Started off seasoning a new frying pan ..

Cleaned oiled heated then placed on a trivit to bake

I wanted a storage system for loads of blankets that i use for the bushshirts...this gave me the thin excuse to buy a vintage pulk.....this ones from 1975 made in Sweden for the Norwegian Army judging by the badge ..made of mainly birch.with brass runners

I dont think its been used if it was to be used outdoors it would be treated with pine tar but as i just want it for storage its getting a couple of coats of ikea wood oil....

Still need to oil the inside ,,so it will be back to the bat cave :)

Got to love the timeless build of this pulk

There still making them ,

http://segebadenpulkan.se/en/pages/about-us.html

As for the frying pan ....:D

Thanks for looking

Twodogs

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It is indeed a nicely built thing; can't go wrong with wood and brass, eh?

And the bacon looks good, too!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Nice. But I do not like you call the pulka Vintage... I used to use it when in the (Swedish) army.. I do not feel Vintage, just nicely matured, like a bottle of Ornellaia!

FYI, we did not put any pitch tar on them. The runners are metal and do not need it, and the plywood was left like on yours.

The new skis we 'seasoned" by infusing the wood with pitch tar we melted in, then we used a Swix Wax, of different sorts depending on the temperature of the day.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Good looking pulk yours is Tom ,,never used with no brass runners .

Janne thanks for the info ,,yep mature :)

Had a couple of hours in the bat cave today ,

Started with coffee of course :D

Todays job was to oil the inside of the pulk the birch drank it up ...

let it dry for a few day before its new role :)

Happy Christmas one and all ,,,,,including K9 :p

Twodogs

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! Unused aye but it does have 2 brass runners, no centre one and the wooden strip there is less thick than the side ones with no sign of screw holes, just its a lousy picture! 'Has a big arrow mark painted on the back end and a partial stores code of 130-2694.

I'll never use it now so never rigged poles etc and now I collect only 1945-65 infantry kit doesn't fit there either. Bought on a whim really as they had a huge stack cheap one year at The War and Peace show.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE