Oh, I am in Trouble.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Is this case causing you much distress, have you become dipressed, anxious, suicidal? Have you lost/gained weight, hair? Has it cost you much expense, damaged your education, prospects, income. Has your time been taken up, have you been harrassed and intimidated by companies beyond what would be considered fair and reasonable?

You may get a solicitor to represent you independant from the insurance solicitor for costs and damages on a no win no fee basis, being as you have good evidence.

I agree with you, and appreciate the cynicism. It's a shame anyone feels they have to fight each other for a few quid. The cold callers are utter scum. Using lawyers as bully boys stinks of cowardice, greed, selfishness, injustice, and lack of care for the fellow human being. Selling that concept to the chancer that had an altercation with you displays him to be a lowlife bottom feeder, a weak man trying the cheapest trick.

Now go get him Fang! :ar15:

Reactions: Janne and Fadcode

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
The Law Society has to take responsibility for some of the less ethical cases we all read about.

If a lawyer takes on a case which is totally speculative hoping to bully victim in paying out that lawyer should have their professional registration removed.

I sat through a weeks jury trial about a serial career criminal pleading not guilty having been caught running out a shop with a video recorder up his coat and a house full of stolen goods. Yet the defence lawyer put some of the witnesses and victims through hell on the stand.

We the jury took 30 minutes to deliberate for a unanimous guilty verdict.

All professions have bad apples and using the law immorally to bully and intimidate folk just perpetuates the public opinion that lawyers are on par with politicians and estate agents.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The last time I was in Rome, sbout 8 or 9 years sgo, I witnessed a small car crash, two cars ’bumped’ together at low speed. Minor metal damage.
Both drivers jumped out, screamed for a minute or do, a couple of slaps were exchanged, then both jumped back in their cars and drowe away.
Very civilized!

Reactions: widu13 and Fadcode

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
When I was young, lawyers did not advertise. Whether the Law Society prohibited it or whether it was seen as just " not done" I have no idea, but It was preferable to the present situation and maybe a return to a ban is due.

They were not allowed to advertise, same as Doctors were not allowed to, But Maggie when she came into power changed the rules, as she thought it would cut costs to the Legal Aid Budget as well as the Health Service cost.

Reactions: oldtimer

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
When I was young, lawyers did not advertise. Whether the Law Society prohibited it or whether it was seen as just " not done" I have no idea, but It was preferable to the present situation and maybe a return to a ban is due.
They were not allowed to advertise, same as Doctors were not allowed to, But Maggie when she came into power changed the rules, as she thought it would cut costs to the Legal Aid Budget as well as the Health Service cost.
Back then neither lawyers nor doctors advertised over here either. It was legal, but it just wasn't done. it was generally considered unethical. I don't know exactly when it changed but it did.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Going back to the original post, it surprises me that the the person is only claiming medical expenses and no compensation for Injury, Is it that the Insurance Company has settled the claim for Injury and refused the claim for medical expenses?
If no claim for Injury was made, I cannot see how a claim for medical expenses can be sought, I assume the amount would be quite high.
Or another scenario maybe, he has gone to a no win -no fee solicitor, who as eventually dropped the case but has demanded payment for medical expenses...................

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
We had to get rid of the fleet at work because we generated £64k of claims over the previous 2 years despite not a single penny in damage to our cars.

This included our insurance paying out for a Cab driver who was at fault for hitting one of our vehicles and 20% of the claim for a moped courier driving the wrong way up the road who wiped himself out on the front of our stopped car! We paid for 3 sets of whiplash in a car with only one person in it after a walking pace paint rub!

Sorry for your troubles Tengu but this countries claim culture, these No win No fees Injury Lawyers and the general level of fear of court costs is to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Make sure your Insurance Company have matters at hand, you only have a few days left,find out the name of the SOLICITORS WHO WILL BE THERE ON YOUR BEHALF, and contact them to find out what is happening............I do hope things go well for you

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I could ask if I could have it in a closer location due to financial hardship; Merseyside???

But how do I do that?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE