Ogk camp bed material help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
Hi everyone
I would like to make the OGK Swedish/Danish? Camped. The 1960s vintage one.
It has the wind up tensioner.
I can have a go at the wood construction but does anybody know where I could buy high quality cotton/linen canvas for the material? I also need to replace the material on 3 directors/field chairs.
Any advice appreciated, thanks

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Point North are good :)

Some other links too though,

Fabrictimeuk also have canvas, and they'll send you a sample.

Actually, that's a good point. It's very much worth while asking for a sample before you buy. Usually they'll charge you 99p or similar to cover postage and deter folks who aren't really interested.

M

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
I will take a look at those and thank you.
The camp bed requires two 6' 6 approx 25-27mm poles in hardwood. Anybody got any ideas? Curtain poles are pricey, ballet poles are too thick?
Thanks for your help.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I will take a look at those and thank you.
The camp bed requires two 6' 6 approx 25-27mm poles in hardwood. Anybody got any ideas? Curtain poles are pricey, ballet poles are too thick?
Thanks for your help.

Can you get to a farm shop ? one that supplies farmers yard products ?

We needed hafts for spears for a film, and the best ones we could find were the long poles sold in those shops for the yard shovels and brooms. 3m long was not a problem, and they weren't that expensive.
Came in all sorts of diametres and lengths.

M

Reactions: Highfield

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie
Yes, I'm out in the sticks in Gloucestershire.
Glad you found what you needed, it's great when that happens and especially when not expensive. I will have a look.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE