og army lightweights

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
H

halo

doe's anyone know where i can get some of the original olive green light weights
the one's with the map pocket on the left leg,in 34"waist and 32"leg?

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Not to sound biased or anything, but personally, if I were you Halo, I'd try to get some old Canadian army od's. They're absolutely amazing for the bush, and as our Forces don't use Olive Drab anymore, there is literally tons of clothing (a lot of it brand new) just waiting to be sold. I have a pair and I'm planning on getting another for hot weather bush wear.

The secret with these pants is the weave. It's a very loose "aertex" as I think you Brits call it. It has also has three layers. The middle layer is nylon and it's backed on both sides by 100% cotton. The cotton keeps you cool and comfortable, and the nylon aids in durability and makes them dry very quickly. So quickly infact, that I've seen guys with soaking wet OD's rub them with the palms of their hands and in minutes, they're dry.

They also have our famous "tape" slotted buttons, butt pockets, hip pockets and map size cargo pockets on the legs with drains in the bottom. Oh and the leg's have a rolled up gaiter inside of them that you tuck into your boots or socks to stop rocks and dirt getting into them. They also come with a cotton lace to blouse them.

Here's a URL for you: http://aasurplus.ca/store/product_info.php?cPath=24_135&products_id=155

Ignore the fact that the site says they're 100% cotton, because they're actually 50/50. You'd probably need a size 7040 or something along those lines. And since you're in the UK, the exchange rate would no doubt work well for you!

Cheers,

Adam

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Halo,

I have a pair that are size leg:85, waist:84 and seat 100, thats about a 33 leg, 33 waist and 39 seat, you can have them if you want. They are brand new, just out of the plastic bag. If you want them send me a PM, I'll reply asap but might not be until next week.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE