Off to Kathmandu!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Tried to dig out the photo of me trying one of our porters' packs - sorry I don't have it in digital form. In a nutshell, big (6'2" 16st) guy collapsing under a stack of rucksacks that 1 tiny porter had run up the mountain with it all strapped to his head...

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Oh heck yes...Agree with Boops... Merino is the only stuff to wear.... you might not appreciate it but the folks your with definitely will! Warm, comfortable and little smell after 2 weeks!

Trying desperately to upload pics to flickr... darn slow upload speed....

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I have been using a light icebreaker tshirt this summer and it is as you say fantastic. We intend taking one maybe two icebreaker tops each.

Edited to add, I currently have the Atlas t.shirt which is great for summer but probably not warm enough for winter. I am looking at the Oasis Crew long sleeved which is currently on sale at Go outdoors. Any views on that one?

H

He' s left the building

I took one Icebreaker thin/long-sleeve and a thicker one with a neck zip along with some cotton t-shirts.

Next time I'll be taking a Craghopper shirt (synthetic) for the warm days and both merino shirts, maybe one cotton t-shirt to wear in the Irish bar in Thamel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE