Off out for the night in a half an hour....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey All,

I'm off to camp out the night in about half an hour.... going alone with my hound now as Shinobi is stuck on icey roads in whiteout conditions near Ashdown and can't get here!!!!! :yikes:

Should be a nice cold dry night so I'm looking forward to it.

Back when I wake tomorrow....which knowing me could be lunchtime! lol I find I sleep so peacefully in the woods I often sleep in!

Have fun while I'm gone....

Bambam.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
After leaving at lunchtime today, I've travelled 25 miles and I finally got home at 6pm tonight !!!
The roads down here on the coast were quite slushy but as I tried to get through Ashdown forest, the roads were pure ice :yikes: so going became very slow, sometimes backwards. And then the snow started. I parked up in a layby when it approached whiteout conditions, along with a couple of other cars. I had to have a bit of a wander around to see what it was like and decided to get a brew on the go. I'm glad I had all of my kit with me, I even ended up making brews for the other car-drivers !! I was amazed at their lack of forethought, one woman was wearing a crop-top and skirt and she only had an anorak with her. Absoloutely no concept of something like this happening to her.

After a couple of hours wondering around the snow let up. I decided then would be a good time to try and retrace my tracks and head for home. I had already had contact with Bambodoggy and told him that I would not be proceeding and to be honest, I was gutted. I was really looking forward to trying a lot of my new kit out in the cold. :cry: Oh well, I'll have to try another time.

Oh well, I'm going to try my Down jacket out again... On a walk to the pub for a pint of ale and a game of bar billiards. :eek:):
I'll raise a glass to Bambo :chill:
cheers,

Martin

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Hope you had a good time Bambo, lucky devil :eek:): Shame you didnt make it Shinobi. I too would of loved to try out some of my gear in the snow...

If there`s a spare place when you go out next time...
Fingers crossed Im moving on the 16th !

Cheers :biggthump

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
shinobi said:
one woman was wearing a crop-top and skirt and she only had an anorak with her. Absoloutely no concept of something like this happening to her.

Lol....If I didn't know Martin better I'd say this was why he didn't make it!!!! :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

Had a tops time...slept in till gone 10, it snowed heavy this morning...and was very cold last night...I was toasty warm and had a very pleasant night... debating going out again tonight :chill:

Sorry Nigel... I forgot you're close, should have asked you too!!! :oops:

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
tenbears10 said:
Where you moving to Nigel? Near Bambo I assume?
Yes Bill, still in Surrey but nearer Bambos hide away :wink: My new house has got a small garden to play in which ive been waiting ages for - patio bushcraft :biggthump

No-worries Bam, let us know if your out again. Be great to meet up mate!

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Desided not to go out tonight...got to collect SWMBO from the airport tomorrow morning and knowing me I'll sleep in again!!!!

Then I'll be out in the dog house for a while!!! :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE