Odd things you see when out.......

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We have a few oddities around here - things that have escaped and gone feral etc. I have seen these guys a few times out and about - it still surprises me to se them chittering around though. I can only guess they escaped from someones garden a few years back - good to see them though!

1655123369_0ee8418932.jpg

Red

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
It is delicious! Pretty much same recipes for chicken but much nicer flavour I think. Lived in France a while back and my neighbour had Pintade on his small holding. Got a few from him for the pot and now always look out for it. Waitrose near us stock them and also a local farmers shop. Quite common these days. Best of all if you can bag your own though ;)

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
There were loads of those birds in the road just before the Wilderness Gathering this year.

They seem to have the same road sense as pheasant!

I half expected to see a few being cooked-up on site ;)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I saw 3 of those bird's behind yaxley village hall about 2 or 3 months back, and when I got too close they upped (which surprised me) and they flew over a high hawthorn hegde and away into the next fields. I thought at the time they were turkey's :lmao: cwap bird spotter me:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE