obtaining permission

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lionheart

Mar 27, 2007
bedfordshire
howdy,

I was just wondering how you guys obtain permission to camp and make fires at different woods ect. i have nowhere i can really go excluding my scout woods but thats only availiable when im camping there with scouts, id like to be able to go out and practise my skills after school, and also would being only 14 act against me with fires and knives, i have a shotgun certificate so that could show im responsible.

Cheers
Tom

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Weell, there's your answer! Nothing like a good dose of buckshot to sway someones opinion to conform to what you want! :D

Seriously though, don't do that! See if there are any farmers or landowners with a little wood on there land that may let you use the wood if you offer to clean it up a bit, maybe trim down some brambles to gain access or dispose of litter that is growing on those plastic bag trees that seem to have cropped up over UK all over the place! Maybe offer to get rid of some pest animals with your shotgun, pigeon or rooks are both edible so you will get a free meal too!

Good luck with it!

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
IF YOU ARE EVER IN Texas make darn sure you have permission Trespassing
is a big no no hear and remember people hear carry gun's. And they Will use them

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
tom - if you have a good local scout site or two nearby then use those. have a friendly chat with the warden and get on the service team that way they'll know you and allow you free access whenever you want it. otherwise most sites now wont allow unsupervised access since you little b@ggers tend to burn everything in sight/site :)

you'll also find at least one local leader who's into his back to basics and will be happy to organise stuff for you to do.

I used to practise my survival skills in the middle of the local golf course with the groundmans permission as I helped keep the rabbits down for him. If you are on your own and unobtrusive then you could get away with going wild just about anywhere. As a biker and cyclist we used to pull off into the middle of large traffic islands and camp there as we knew we were less likely to be disturbed than kipping in a lay by :)

pag_3833

May 9, 2007
suffolk - uk
definitely get friendly with the local farmers and land owners. ive camped in some amazing places due to being friendly (farmers arent always the most cheerful people though, but mention you can keep the rabbit population down and they'll soon warm to you).

Or another option (not advised, especially if your hunting), find a small wood somewhere and camp for a night and move on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE