Oak tanned leather

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I might be able to help - but I'll only be able to answer fully after making a phone call in the morning. What sq.ft are you after?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... saw an Oak tanned belt and few bits at a game fair and loved the finish...

It is rather nice - nice to work with too :D

At a guestimate ... for the best sides I can get (based on a double shoulder atm), you're looking at a shade over £7 sq.ft - a side should be between 21 and 25 sq.ft - so, expect £150 plus.

Again a guestimate - coming down from a 'Best' side to a 'Good' side (ave 22 to 27 sq.ft) will lower the price per sq.ft to a bit under £6.50. Going for an 'Economy' side should be about £6 (sq.ft) - average area of a 'Good' side is 25 to 26 sq.ft

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
It is rather nice - nice to work with too :D

At a guestimate ... for the best sides I can get (based on a double shoulder atm), you're looking at a shade over £7 sq.ft - a side should be between 21 and 25 sq.ft - so, expect £150 plus.

Again a guestimate - coming down from a 'Best' side to a 'Good' side (ave 22 to 27 sq.ft) will lower the price per sq.ft to a bit under £6.50. Going for an 'Economy' side should be about £6 (sq.ft) - average area of a 'Good' side is 25 to 26 sq.ft

This sounds quite good. If I can sell a few bits in ye olde veg tanned and I can afford it I will certainly have to try a side at least.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I might be able to help - but I'll only be able to answer fully after making a phone call in the morning.

Made the call. I can get hold of Oak Tanned leather - if you decide you want some Oak Tanned feel free to shoot me a line (price in post #11 should be correct - pending the VAT rise :censored:).
Due to the relatively low usage* of Oak Tanned in the UK it'll need to be ordered, so it won't be an overnighter :eek:

* i.e low percentage retail.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE