Oak-bark tanned bridle leather belts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have several of these belts available, handmade by me, and long enough so that they can be cut to fit a trouser waist size up to about 48". They are available in black, Australian Nut (a darkish brown with a hint of red - a classic colour of the saddlery trade) and London Tan. Here are some examples of belts that I have recently sold:

IMG_3984_zpsf34d96b1.jpg

IMG_3983_zps077c29b3.jpg

The belts are complete, barring cutting to length and sewing on the buckle (and punching the holes), so I can finish them to fit the buyer's waist size and give you a choice of buckle.

They are made from traditionally tanned bridle leather, from J & FJ Baker of Devon (http://www.jfjbaker.co.uk/), the last remaining traditional tanner in England, on a site that has been a tannery since Roman times. You can see some of the process in a BBC photo-essay here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-14442109. The finest quality hides are prepared using English oak bark, in a process that takes over a year to produce the leather. They are thick (3.5 to 4 mm), strong, and packed with oils and waxes. To paraphrase the old Carlsberg advert, “probably the best leather in the world”. I can only describe this leather as gorgeous – the smell, feel, and look are amazing.

The belts are cut from a bridle butt, edges are chamfered, dyed and burnished by hand, with an edge crease applied, the leather is waxed with Carnauba Wax, before the buckle is hand sewn on with beeswaxed linen thread. Finally, oval holes are punched in the tongue of the belt.

Here are some recent comments:

"This is the Rolls Royce of belts!"
"What a stunning belt! An arresting alliance of the right material in the right hands. Thank you so much!"

The price of the belt depends on the width: 1" wide at £35; 1.25" at £40, 1.5" at £45, plus £4.70 for RMSD within the UK. I can quote postage for overseas. Please send me a PM if you are interested or want any more information. I can take Paypal, cheque or direct bank transfer.

Thanks

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
A bump on these lovely belts! :)

These are available throughout the year, as I make and sell a steady supply.

I have several of these belts available, handmade by me, and long enough so that they can be cut to fit a trouser waist size up to about 48". They are available in black, Australian Nut (a darkish brown with a hint of red - a classic colour of the saddlery trade) and London Tan. Here are some examples of belts that I have recently sold:

IMG_3984_zpsf34d96b1.jpg

IMG_3983_zps077c29b3.jpg

The belts are complete, barring cutting to length and sewing on the buckle (and punching the holes), so I can finish them to fit the buyer's waist size and give you a choice of buckle.

They are made from traditionally tanned bridle leather, from J & FJ Baker of Devon (http://www.jfjbaker.co.uk/), the last remaining traditional tanner in England, on a site that has been a tannery since Roman times. You can see some of the process in a BBC photo-essay here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-14442109. The finest quality hides are prepared using English oak bark, in a process that takes over a year to produce the leather. They are thick (3.5 to 4 mm), strong, and packed with oils and waxes. To paraphrase the old Carlsberg advert, “probably the best leather in the world”. I can only describe this leather as gorgeous – the smell, feel, and look are amazing.

The belts are cut from a bridle butt, edges are chamfered, dyed and burnished by hand, with an edge crease applied, the leather is waxed with Carnauba Wax, before the buckle is hand sewn on with beeswaxed linen thread. Finally, oval holes are punched in the tongue of the belt.

The price of the belt depends on the width: 1" wide at £35; 1.25" at £40, 1.5" at £45, plus £4.70 for RMSD within the UK. I can quote postage for overseas. Please send me a PM if you are interested or want any more information. I can take Paypal, cheque or direct bank transfer.

Thanks

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE