Nothing exciting.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi went out for a wander between showers today, forgot my camera but the phone was in my pocket so took a few snaps.

By the car there's my little wheat patch. It's come up fo it's own accord and fresh wheat is tasty raw.

P120813_10.03.jpg
P120813_10.03_%255B01%255D.jpg

Next was one of the 10 or so bridges in the village

P150813_16.50.jpg

The local kids get a lot of outdoor lessons and the Estate lets them use the local woods as a classroom, and they customised the bridge.

Next was hovering up the wild raspberries and the last of the vetch before it goes rock hard in the pods. (forgot to take a pic of the vetch).

P150813_17.21.jpg

Had my kuska in the pocket of my cavernous Paramo Pájaro which I'd just washed and reproofed, which was just as well as it rained on the way back. The kuska stopped my rasps getting squished.

Not very exciting but I thought I'd pop it up,

ATB,
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Any day with free raspberries is a good one :)...

Nice Kuksa.

Cheers I do like my kuska, always feel good drinking from it.

We're pretty inundated with wild rasps here - Scottish soft fruit bowl. I ate a lot more than I brought back.:eek: Didn't get as far as the wild gooseberry patch which is a pity as they're usually stunning.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The wheat is often a sign of bird feeders - its a big part of the mix. I wish someone would tell the spadgers that does not translate to "all wheat belongs to spadgers"!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The wheat is often a sign of bird feeders - its a big part of the mix. I wish someone would tell the spadgers that does not translate to "all wheat belongs to spadgers"!

You know there are two meanings for spadgers, I really hope you mean sparrows?

I'm tempted to save the seed but my wee brown jobs have worked so hard keeping the insects down and raising their broods at my house I think I should leave it for them.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You know there are two meanings for spadgers, I really hope you mean sparrows?

I'm tempted to save the seed but my wee brown jobs have worked so hard keeping the insects down and raising their broods at my house I think I should leave it for them.

Sparrows indeed

Leave it for them - if you want more, just turn over a small area and sow with bird seed next year :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Still a trip out mate n I for one enjoyed it.
Those raspberries looked good

Thank you Man of Tanith,

It's just great being able to get anywhere again. Baby steps.

The raspberries round here are pretty darn good, best served unadulterated - though they do look nice sitting in the kuska, will have to do a more arty shot next time.

They also make a pretty tasty liquor :p.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good to see you're getting about for a daun'er again :)

Yeah, we're awash with wild rasps here too :cool: I've been making raspberry syrup :)

I grow oats, wheat and barley, they seem to revert to long straw types over the years; good for corn dollies :) you're right the green wheat is juicy and sweet.

atb,
Mary

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
nice one Colin, see any trolls then?!?

Only on the internet, and thankfully few here!:)

Nice pictures. And nice kuksa. It's good to get out.

It is indeed Niels, getting farther each day.:)

I like the bridge sign!

It's good that the kids take an active part in their surroundings, makes them proud. The outside learning is good as they do all play together in mixed ages in the woods and fields without adults having that feral packs of kids fear that so many places do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE