Not Very Happy With AA Hunter Pellets

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I went on a hunting trip today, but ran out of AA field pellets, so naturally I went down to the nearest supplier nearby.

Not only did I pay £12 for a tin of AA Hunter pellets in the Outdoorsman in Hastings (I hate that place), but in terms of accuracy and effectivness, they were awful. I use an AA S400, so I thought it would be all well and dandy, but I was mistaken.

Has anyone else ever had problems with these pellets? I just couldn't get on with them.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
I went on a hunting trip today, but ran out of AA field pellets, so naturally I went down to the nearest supplier nearby.

Not only did I pay £12 for a tin of AA Hunter pellets in the Outdoorsman in Hastings (I hate that place), but in terms of accuracy and effectivness, they were awful. I use an AA S400, so I thought it would be all well and dandy, but I was mistaken.

Has anyone else ever had problems with these pellets? I just couldn't get on with them.

It can take around 20 pellets for you rifle barrel to adjust to a different pellet, that's why packs of 10 trial pellets aren't really that useful for finding out which pellet suits your rifle.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Another thing to remember ie that AA pellets come in a range of diameters, so you need to find which is best for your combo. Once you find the right ones its worth buying in batches of 5 tins or more.

Dave

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Im used to AA Field Target. I always found I could get the best grouping with those.

I've also tried Promethius (which I hear are bad for barrels so I stopped using them) and H&N Field Target, which were way too fat.

It was a poor idea going hunting with unfamiliar pellets. Lesson learned.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Yep, me too, but the ones I have at the minute are the weihrauch, but they are just rebranded tins!

I too found the hunters a bit too unreliable, they were generally good but too many fliers!

The htt have a harder skirt as well so you don't get as many dodgy ones out the tin!

Drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE