Not quite what I ordered.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Did I recently read a post about Royal Mail refusing to send sharps through the post?

Well I have just recieved a blade from J Adams of Sheffield.

It is described on the invoice as a stick tang Bowie, it does not resemble any such, it is full tang, with jimping on the blade that was not shown on the photograph. I am not complaining, I shall just have to make a different handle to the one I was planning. Unlike some complaints I have read about Sheffield cutlers in the past, it came sharp.

I bought it because I was getting nostalgic for the Blade that was stolen in a burglary over a decade ago from the same maker which had originally cost me the grand sum of 18 shillings and sixpence for the whole knife complete with sheath.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Yes that is the site, they do list blades, click on hunting knives and scroll down and they show both stick tang and full tang, but as I have just posted you don't want to rely on the picture or the description too much. The prices include postage BTW. I actually did want a stick tang as it would have been a simple matter of drilling out a piece of antler to handle it. Now I have had to saw the antler in half and there will be further work on it including drilling holes in the tang and the handle to fit rivets, that is if I even have any suitable rivets or screws to hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE