Not a hobo stove

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Looks pretty good Gailainne,
and made to a better finish than the Nimblewill (IIRC) I made a few years ago. I tend to run mine with the front lower cover removed so that I can rake out the fallen ash that accumilates and reduces the efficiency of the burn after a little while. Your chimney is very effective, might modify something similar on my next stove project. Can you tell if the chimney is robbing heat from the top plate, or is it doing as it should and just drawing in air?

ATB

Ogri the trog

Gailainne

Life Member
.....Can you tell if the chimney is robbing heat from the top plate, or is it doing as it should and just drawing in air?

Thats a difficult question to answer, from what I have read, the air inlet should equal the chimney outlet in area, and my chimney is actually under, I've added another video, this one with a pot of water (1 litre), the pot is as high as the chimney and as you can see the flames are almost, what 3 times that height, I suppose I could set up a series of trials, changing the front opening, to see what happens. I have plans to use the chimney to heat water, by inserting a loop or coil connected to a water supply, something scoops talked about on his design. Something to play with another time me thinks.

Dimensions; it worked out at 1.3 kilos, heavier than i thought, but internally its 200mm deep by 150mm wide by 135 high.

Stephen

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I suppose I could set up a series of trials, changing the front opening, to see what happens. I have plans to use the chimney to heat water, by inserting a loop or coil connected to a water supply, something scoops talked about on his design. Something to play with another time me thinks.

Dimensions; it worked out at 1.3 kilos, heavier than i thought, but internally its 200mm deep by 150mm wide by 135 high.

Stephen

I was more thinking along the lines of a trial with and without the chimney fitted - possibly without the top plate as well - but then its not my stove to mess about with.
The water coil idea sounds great, looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE