Norway: The best wild camping locations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Can anybody give locations that they would rate as the best wild camping in Norway? If possible, can you provide lat/log ref's so that a Google Earth database can be established. Many thanks. :thankyou:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Seems a bit extreme posting the same subject request multiple times with different countries. Couldn't you have just asked the question once for Europe?

Who's the database going to be for?

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Seems a bit extreme posting the same subject request multiple times with different countries. Couldn't you have just asked the question once for Europe?

Who's the database going to be for?

The reason for doing multiple posts is simple. It acts as an easier means of reference for the viewer and stops threads being cluttered with posts on a few countries. Heavy post numbered threads are not going to be trawled through by viewers who lack the motivation to to sift up specific information on there topic of choice.

The reason for the database is to provide Bushcraft UK members with a link so that they can use use Google Earth with pre-positioned pin-points of the recommended sites given on here.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The reason for doing multiple posts is simple. It acts as an easier means of reference for the viewer and stops threads being cluttered with posts on a few countries. Heavy post numbered threads are not going to be trawled through by viewers who lack the motivation to to sift up specific information on there topic of choice.

And in the meantime you clutter up the forum with multiple posts that are exactly the same apart from one word...

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
And in the meantime you clutter up the forum with multiple posts that are exactly the same apart from one word...

I didn't realise that there was a limit on posts on this website. I am merely trying to be proactive for other users and spur those on with the relevant knowledge to pass on their experiences and thoughts for those that may be wishing to venture to a specific country. With respect, if I was to follow your lead I may have just started a thread open to the whole earth. That is like an author not providing an content or index page. I am sorry if my thread have upset you enough to add only negativity rather then assist buy that is your perogative and I can only hope that other members understand the sentiment of the idea.

Last edited:

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I can see what your trying to do and it is a good idea, however Steve is right it does clog up the forum with posts which can be seen as spamming and also if people are planning on going somewhere they generally just ask.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I would suggest that it would be sensible to contact the site asmin and moderators. If the idea is deemed a good one, they could create a separate section for it

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I didn't realise that there was a limit on posts on this website. ...

There isn't - but I, as did others, suspected spamming ;)

You've started threads without providing a context to work within. Had you started with something like 'Inspired by MartinK9 and Twodogs recent Telemark trip, I was wondering whether it would be useful to have a forum database for wild camping in ...' , I think people would have understood what you were getting at with more ease.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I would suggest that it would be sensible to contact the site asmin and moderators. If the idea is deemed a good one, they could create a separate section for it

Thank you for your input Red but surely the 'Out and About' section covers topics such as this? :confused:

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
There isn't - but I, as did others, suspected spamming ;)

You've started threads without providing a context to work within. Had you started with something like 'Inspired by MartinK9 and Twodogs recent Telemark trip, I was wondering whether it would be useful to have a forum database for wild camping in ...' , I think people would have understood what you were getting at with more ease.

I am sorry if the prose did not seem clear to you and others but I felt IMHO that it was quite transparent. Some of the post are receiving input from other members, and this was the intention. I suggest that rather than jumping on negatives, people give the threads time to emerge and allow a wider spectrum of people to give their thoughts and input. Meanwhile, nobody has any sites on Norway! :sadwavey:

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I have no idea about special places to wild camp as the entire country is free to wild camping.
Some places are better (wilder, prettier, higher and so on) but that is up to each persons preferenses.
There are actually many posts about camping in Norway in the forum already.
A quick search would give you hints.

Tor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE