Northern europe recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Howdy all,
Need a little advice for this years trip. Love to head back to scandinavia but i think times going to be a little tighter this year so any thoughts on direct flight airports close to a large expanse of greenery? Preferably with some good fishing!?
The plan this year is to go early enough as to be certain of NO snow so mozzies may be a problem but i don't think this can be helped (though i have a unused tin of mozzie repellant from last year :rolleyes: ).
I'm open to all suggestions as this is the start of the process.
So far before june is out (expensive holiday away with the good lady) and August is also out due to getting the time off at work :argue:
So looks like september then.....
Bring on the good stuff ladys and germs :umbrella:

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Oh forgot to mention, we'll be going lite after last years foot wrecking nightmare (still havent regained all the feeling in one of my toes :puppy_dog )

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Be a bit more specific please..

Forest, tundra or mountains? How far north? Flyfishing? There are dedicated fishing camps which have their own helicopter operations, they fly you out to a hut in the middle of nowhere, and pick you up at the time you want to get out.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Maybe check out the fishing and conditions in the 'downloadable movies - man travels alone in northern Scandinavia for a year' post under in the 'Bushcraft and wilderness library and Media' thread

:)

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Thanks guy's, Looking for a forested area with some nice smallish lakes.
Although there is always the Fjords, not sure on the best way to fish them, will have to look into it. Mainly use lure's for my fishing :)
Big swede, you asked how far north? Don't really mind as it'll be aug or sep .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE