North wood february 25-27 to coincide with the outdoor leasure show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Na Simon Andy2112 wasent at NW Dec. if Andys not about or their yet when you setting up ill help you with the underblanket as Super Sausage i worked out a way of tying to bows at eather endy to keep it attached fast easy and quik release.:camping::campfire:

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
trying to set up in the dark or making a fool of myself in broad daylight

I can pretty much guarantee I will be doing lots of both! lol

i'm up for getting involved with anything thats going on. the excitement of a weekend in the woods is starting to get to me :):dancer:

I second that too! :dancer: Getting very close now. :dancer: Finally found a grate for the top of my jerry can tonight! Just working on the legs now. :dancer:

Chris

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
That's my fallback plan. I'm trying to figure out a lighter method, but without spending any money, just scavenging. Freecycle is a wonderful thing! :)

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
That's my fallback plan. I'm trying to figure out a lighter method, but without spending any money, just scavenging. Freecycle is a wonderful thing! :)

to keep my firepit off the ground i use m8 threaded rod for legs with nuts and wingnuts so that its collapsable. i had the bits in my garage from work

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Na Simon Andy2112 wasent at NW Dec. if Andys not about or their yet when you setting up ill help you with the underblanket as Super Sausage i worked out a way of tying to bows at eather endy to keep it attached fast easy and quik release.:camping::campfire:

i've seen a karabiner and prussic knot mod that i would like to try. you know the way i mean?

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
to keep my firepit off the ground i use m8 threaded rod for legs with nuts and wingnuts so that its collapsable. i had the bits in my garage from work

Aah, when I grow up I'm gonna have a garage! Sign of a real man. I only have a battered shed at the moment. ;)

I'm thinking of something like that though. Got an old fishing rod pod I'm thinking of trying to nick the legs off. .

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Going to have to drop out due to financial reasons and feeling like shi..

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits + 1 (tbc)
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
14.The Big Lebowski (sober this time )
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
18. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
19. marvalous
20. jimbo75
21. shaggystu
22. andy t (tbc ....birthday weekend )
23. septicben
24. Shanghai Jim
25. cwillson (tbc)
26. Preper
27. Addo
28. Davey569 (TBC)
29. Elines
30. wolfcrafter
31. MJM1
32. redwood bushcraft

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
i havent got a clue about the mod your talking about i did the carabiner mod but still tie a bow. i have a idear for a waterborn knot and a clovehitch mod but im not sure the DD heveduty webbing will be up to holding my weight with out the webbing being doubled up. im gona have to get in touch withh DD at some point and find out the max weight the webbing can take as a single strand.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
i havent got a clue about the mod your talking about i did the carabiner mod but still tie a bow. i have a idear for a waterborn knot and a clovehitch mod but im not sure the DD heveduty webbing will be up to holding my weight with out the webbing being doubled up. im gona have to get in touch withh DD at some point and find out the max weight the webbing can take as a single strand.

Bru,

I think he means the prussik and crab mod for the underblanket which attaches to a seperate ridge line under the tarp. I'll probably hammock for this one so you can have a looksee if you want. I'll be landing around lunchtime mate.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
ok will have a look at yours Andy i tyed mine to the carabiner closest to the hammock with bows lol easy fast and worked well.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
ok will have a look at yours Andy i tyed mine to the carabiner closest to the hammock with bows lol easy fast and worked well.

I know what you mean Karl, i did that at NW one meet up. Use the loops on the UB and prussik to the hammock tapes is an easy solution, you just don't get the UB up the sides as much as using the ridgeline method. Both work though.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Aah, when I grow up I'm gonna have a garage! Sign of a real man. I only have a battered shed at the moment. ;)

I'm thinking of something like that though. Got an old fishing rod pod I'm thinking of trying to nick the legs off. .

i should have enough bits to make up four legs if you want me to bring em and my drill mate???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE