North wood february 25-27 to coincide with the outdoor leasure show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Another first timer so please be gentle with me :)
Hoping to hammock it, I assume there is no shortage of suitable trees?

Mike.

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
14.The Big Lebowski (sober this time )
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
18. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
19. marvalous
20. IntrepidStu
21. jimbo75
22. shaggystu
23. andy t (tbc ....birthday weekend )
24. septicben
25. Shanghai Jim
26. cwillson (tbc)
27. Preper
28. Addo
29. Davey569 (TBC)
30. Elines
31. Andy BB (tbc)
32. MJM1

Blimey! we are INVADING north wood! :D

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
blinkin eck! were being ousted by newbies! only kidding mike, welcome aboard be glad to have you along bud :) so this is your first post? maybe tell us a little about yourself and your bushcraft...

steve

Last edited:

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
blinkin eck! were being ousted by newbies! only kidding mike, welcome aboard be glad to have you along bud :) so this is your first post? maybe tell us a little about yourself and your bushcraft...

steve

Not much to tell you about my bushcraft, pretty much non-existant, just looking to learn and get out in the fresh air more. Done a few camping trips but my wife doesn't believe in travelling light so this time it's just going to be me. I'm hoping to fit everything I'll need into one rucksack. What's the minimum kit I'm going to need for the weekend?

septicben

Dec 15, 2010
Hinckley
Not much to tell you about my bushcraft, pretty much non-existant, just looking to learn and get out in the fresh air more. Done a few camping trips but my wife doesn't believe in travelling light so this time it's just going to be me. I'm hoping to fit everything I'll need into one rucksack. What's the minimum kit I'm going to need for the weekend?

Well this is the place to learn, i've not much experience out and about and this is my first meet to, but bushcraftuk has so much to teach you its incredible keep reading its great :notworthy

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire

it was my first meet in dec and i brought far too much. mainly food which i took home with me. you can definitely get everything you need in one bag. you also have to leave enough space for whatever neil and/or martin manage to sell you:lmao:

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Hi Ben,
Been commuting to your part of the world (Hinckley) for the last few months doing some work for a well known motorcycle manufacturer, it's a long drive so I'm really looking forward to a few days away from the roads and the car.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
it was my first meet in dec and i brought far too much. mainly food which i took home with me. you can definitely get everything you need in one bag. you also have to leave enough space for whatever neil and/or martin manage to sell you:lmao:

Thanks for the warning Simon, must remember not to bring any money with me :)
Food is certainly an area where I need some help ie how much should I bring and what kind of stuff is best, tinned, freeze dried, boil in the bag?

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya mike, kit?
basics are very much like your ordinary camping... something to keep off the elements, hammock, tent, tarp or bivy bag. something to sleep in, bag, duvet, blanket etc. something to keep you warm and dry, something to cook on/in (off the ground) and enough grub for your stay. some kind of seat is handy too, unless you want to make one, anything else for this kind of trip is personal to yourself. there are very few restrictions on this site, take a look at post 1, just come along and enjoy yourself, youll be made very welcome :)

steve

septicben

Dec 15, 2010
Hinckley
Hi Ben,
Been commuting to your part of the world (Hinckley) for the last few months doing some work for a well known motorcycle manufacturer, it's a long drive so I'm really looking forward to a few days away from the roads and the car.

O that motorcycle manufacturer:p well Hinckley is the centre of the universe :rolleyes:. yep sit round a fire and relax, nice. As for food i am going to aim for fri dinner, two meals sat, and sun breakfast, plus 5lt of water O and some snacks. Some medicinal whiskey to :sleeping:

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Might have one you can use next time out if you like fella. I don't think I'm going to use my one. I'll chuck it in and bring it along.

Thanks for the offer dude, but I actually went and grabbed myself a jerry can this morning from the army surplus. Now I need to find an angle grinder to take the side off. Do I need to bring some bricks or summat to stand it on, or are there enough stones lying about?

Getting very excited now! Got the dutch oven in the post. :)

C

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Fair play. I'm sure I'm gonna end up bringing WAY too much gear this time! I stopped off in the layby, on the way back from a meeting in Tipton last week, to check out the lie of the land. Where do we park anyway? By the farm buildings, or closer to the woods themselves? I might need to bring myself a sherpa! haha ;)

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Parking is where the toilet block and tap are located.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong Steve) we are aiming to use the southern end of the woods this time, and if the weather has been OK you should be able to drive down to off load your kit.

Any questions, just ask away here or by pm.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE