North Wood Bluebell Meet April 26~28 2019

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
There we go folks, it’s going to be a quiet one in the woodland owing to the bluebell display (hopefully)

Pete is offering expert advice on anything to do with navigation. I have sat in on a couple of his comprehensive tutorials and can highly recommend them. So whether it is to learn from scratch or just brush up, post up to show your interest.
 
woods update
​
Had a wander down to NW recently, to check on the chute which we left wet and wrapped around a tree. it was bone try and despite a little moss nest tucked in the folds, no damage so I put it back in the barrel. the Bluebells are just starting to sprout their flower heads, not surprising they are a little earlier given the fine weather recently. :) the woodland floor promises to be a veritable carpet of bluebells!

couple of pictures I took.







 
woods update
​
Had a wander down to NW recently, to check on the chute which we left wet and wrapped around a tree. it was bone try and despite a little moss nest tucked in the folds, no damage so I put it back in the barrel. the Bluebells are just starting to sprout their flower heads, not surprising they are a little earlier given the fine weather recently. :) the woodland floor promises to be a veritable carpet of bluebells!

couple of pictures I took.







Looking beautiful Steve, I shall miss it this year, I will be out of the country until 28th April. Hopefully I will make the next one. in the meantime I will enjoy all the photographs after the meet.
 
1. woodspirits 25~28
2. Jimbo75 27-28 (late arrival Saturday)
3. Preper (tbc)
4. Diamond Dave 25-28
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Hodge 25 - 28
7. Grotzilla + 1 25-28. Arrive Fri evening
8. Greg & Ali aka "Brian" 25 - 28
9. Rumpole_Stiltskin TBC
10.pieinthesky + daughter (possibly)
11. Chez & Phil 26 - 28
12.
 
I will bring a few instructional aides with me so will have some spare maps, compasses so people can do a comparison and even a few books for reference and advise and printouts for general use.

I can cover part that people want help with or a general overview with an open session to cover anything people want help with. I can incorporate a walk as well, (so we keep off the Bluebells as much as possible :) ) if people want to test walking on bearings and distance work ( I can make it to suit most people if they want a long or short walk) we can also incorporate a plant id if wanted.

I can post topics if people want?

Yes please, up for a refresh :)
 
Im going to try and make this, although it may be a flying visit. If anyones got a bivi bag for sale i may be interested, esp.ecially a lightweight one
 
Last edited:
1. woodspirits 25~28
2. Jimbo75 27-28 (late arrival Saturday)
3. Preper (tbc)
4. Diamond Dave 25-28
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Hodge 25 - 28
7. Grotzilla + 1 25-28. Arrive Fri evening
8. Greg & Ali aka "Brian" 25 - 28
9. Rumpole_Stiltskin TBC
10.pieinthesky + daughter (possibly)
11. Chez & Phil 26 - 28
12. AndyT (TBC)
13. MartinK9 25-28
 
1. woodspirits 25~28
2. Jimbo75 27-28 (late arrival Saturday)
3. Preper (tbc)
4. Diamond Dave 25-28
5. TinkyPete TBC
6. Hodge 25 - 28
7. Grotzilla + 1 25-28. Arrive Fri evening
8. Greg & Ali aka "Brian" 25 - 28
9. Rumpole_Stiltskin TBC
10.pieinthesky + daughter (possibly)
11. Chez & Phil 26 - 28
12. AndyT (TBC)
13. MartinK9 25-28
14.karl82
15.
 
1. woodspirits 25~28
2. Jimbo75 27-28 (late arrival Saturday)
3. Preper (tbc)
4. Diamond Dave 25-28
5. TinkyPete 24-28
6. Hodge 25 - 28
7. Grotzilla + 1 25-28. Arrive Fri evening
8. Greg & Ali aka "Brian" 25 - 28
9. Rumpole_Stiltskin TBC
10.pieinthesky + daughter (possibly)
11. Chez & Phil 26 - 28
12. AndyT (TBC)
13. MartinK9 25-28
14.karl82
15.
 
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste

1. woodspirits 25~28
2. Jimbo75 27-28 (late arrival Saturday)
3. Preper (tbc)
4. Diamond Dave 25-28
5. TinkyPete 24-28
6. Hodge 24 - 28
7. Grotzilla + 1 25-28. Arrive Fri evening
8. Greg & Ali aka "Brian" 25 - 28
9. Rumpole_Stiltskin TBC
10.pieinthesky + daughter (possibly)
11. Chez & Phil 26 - 28
12. AndyT (TBC)
13. MartinK9 25-28
14.karl82
15.



 
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste

1. woodspirits 25~28
2. Jimbo75 27-28 (late arrival Saturday)
3. Preper (tbc)
4. Diamond Dave 25-28
5. TinkyPete 24-28
6. Hodge 24 - 28
7. Grotzilla + 1 25-28. Arrive Fri evening
8. Greg & Ali aka "Brian" 25 - 28
9. Rumpole_Stiltskin TBC
10.pieinthesky + daughter (possibly)
11. Chez & Phil 26 - 28
12. AndyT (TBC)
13. MartinK9 25-28
14.karl82
15. Jon 26-27


 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE