North wood Bluebell meet 24-26 April 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines in post 1. please include this in your paste.

Car boot details here

1. woodspirits 24-26
2. MartinK9 24-26
3. NLW 24-26 TBC
4. Andy T TBC
5. Preper TBC
6. TinkyPete (TBC)
7. jimbo75
8. Karl82
9. Twodogs tbc due to work
10. Sasquatch & Joseph tbc

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Daughter has said I can go but in dentist two days before the meet and last time reacted badly.
We will see though.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
will pop down to North Wood tomorrow to see how things have developed and decide where we are camping this meet. will post findings up here. just a reminder, any early arrivals let me know, oh and carboot updates here :)

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
had a wander down North Wood this afternoon :)

the wood is looking good and coming to life, there's a tinge of green about the branches now as the leaves unfurl. there are a few bluebells coming into flower and thousands still to follow! spoke to Gordon the farmer he would appreciate us keeping off the large areas of bluebells. with this in mind as i walked around this is the plan.

At the moment the ground is dry if this continues into next week (i will check conditions nearer the time) the first option will be lower NW and parking on CP3, see map. if this proves impractical then we will camp at the upper (farm) end and park on CP2. normally this camping area would overspill onto the right side of the fork opposite the Urn, not on this occasion that is heavy with bluebells. all being well we will get to the lower end with plenty of room. any questions ask in the thread or PM :)

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Gonna try and make this but daughter's 10th birthday is on the 26th so will do my best.

If I do you can help me set up my new DD hammock and tarp from the group buy.

John

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines in post 1. please include this in your paste.

Car boot details here

1. woodspirits 24-26
2. MartinK9 24-26
3. NLW 24-26 TBC
4. Andy T TBC
5. Preper TBC
6. TinkyPete (TBC)
7. jimbo75
8. Karl82
9. Twodogs tbc due to work
10. Sasquatch & Joseph tbc
11. XRV John 24 & 25

Last edited:

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
yes of course mate there will be ample help if you want it. just remember to bring plenty of paracord or whatever :)

Have got my pass for overnight on the 24th and daytime on Sat 25th up to when I have to get back for the birthday so may get two go's round the fire 😃

Have edited my attendance above

John

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
It looks gorgeous, there'll be a beautiful blanket of bells come meet time but hide the little treasures like the morrells, if that's what that shoom is :)

I always quite liked crowding together on the north end, felt a bit guilty about trampling last year :) have a wonderful time lads, please take us armchair schrafters lovely pictures and good karma to the workparties ;)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
thanks Sally yes it will be in full bloom :) hopefully we will be able to get down the lower end of the wood, but if we do go to the upper farm end, numbers are relatively small so still plenty of room. and no doubt there will be a picture or two :)

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
and no doubt there will be a picture or two :)

probably of you lot watching me trying to sort my new DD hammock out for the very first time :lmao:

yeah I know there'll be plenty of helpful advice but it's a long way between the words of wisdom leaving the mouth and entering the vast emptiness that is my brain !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE