norrona jacket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Hiya all, i have searched but i cant seem to find the info. Years ago when mears did the extreme survival series he had what looks like a complete norrona outfit, framed bergen, gaiters trousers etc. Shown mostly in the new zealand episode, had my dvd out and everything! Lol i want a jacket like the one he used in that, leafy green, looks like its polycotton or similar baggy smock, heavy duty but with modern features on it, is it norrona? And also, has anyone got one they would sell or know where i can get similar? or indeed any other info on it?

Cheers all in advance.

farfoodle

Forager
May 2, 2013
Oxfordshire
Tamarack (tamarackoutdoors.co.uk) sell Norrona kit, and I think they also sell the Bergans Morgedal smock and others.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I used to have one, it was made of gore tex although you'd never know, very quiet in use, very comfy.

The design has changed of late, however the original ones still turn up on ebay and here.

Norrona Recon.

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Is it the recon? Design has changed a lot if it is. Surprised its goretex, that may change my desire to get one, i thought it was a poly cotton job. What made you sell it?

Looks a bit like the norwegian army goretex, does norrona make that too?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Is it the recon? Design has changed a lot if it is. Surprised its goretex, that may change my desire to get one, i thought it was a poly cotton job. What made you sell it?

Looks a bit like the norwegian army goretex, does norrona make that too?

The old one looked like it was made of ventile until you stood in front of it, quite different from the new one. Very comfortable in use, very quiet to walk around in.

I sold it so I could feed my children. :)

I'll look up the video and make sure we are actually thinking of the same jacket.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Ignore me, it is a different jacket. It can be seen at 12:08 in this video...

[video=youtube;wMJntPicAQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMJntPicAQ8[/video]

...it may still be a gore-tex jacket, the original recon really didn't look or feel like one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE