Norgy Pullovers

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
We used to use these in the late '80's early '90's and they were fantastic! Did'nt know you could still get them but i'd recommend them to anyone.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NORWEGIAN-COM...8298203QQihZ013QQcategoryZ11484QQcmdZViewItem

Basically, the Norgy shirt (roll neck with zip) was designed to go next to the skin, these were designed to go over the top of them in really cold weather. I remember they were top notch and, at this price including shipping, could make an interesting alternative to a Swannie.:rolleyes:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
In our unit we get an annual grant to buy kit that is'nt issued. On top of this, we get given kit that companies give to the forces as promotional / development items. Last year we got TNF Nuptse jackets, 5.11 polo shirts and trousers and Danner boots.

I think when we got these years ago, it was a unit grant rather than an individual grant so stores would have bought these bulk and dished them out, however, i did see a lot of people who were not connected with our unit wearing these. Top gear!

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
Way back when and before (mid to late 70s) when Arctic warfare training was much smaller , basically booties, AMFL and a few other hangers on. We where issued a whole rack of Norwegian and some Swedish Arctic gear including these jumpers . I am on my last one now !! If you like jumpers great kit.
I am told that the are still available new from Norwegian Supplus and it may have been talked about here in the past.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
They are still available in most outdoor stores in Norway. The jumper is still used by the armed forces, all of them, not just the "commandoes":) .
I`m issued one from the "Heimevernet" (Home guard), but when I buy one, I usually buy it 2 sizes larger than I need and wash them in warm water. Makes them thicker and warmer.

Tor Helge

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Crikey someone out there has been reading my mind!! I have been trying to get a couple of these for the last month. If anyone knows of a source a bit nearer to UK I would be sooo pleased!! Used these in the 80's and they are the danglies!!!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had one of these years ago, no idea what happened to it, I think I put it down one day and it grew legs and wandered off!
I wasn't issued it, I had to buy it from Cotswold Camping (we used to get a 30% discount when my unit bought items in bulk numbers which were then shipped to Norway where we would receive the kit). I remember paying about £30 with the discount.
Some of the lads used to trade with the Norwegian guys for gear aswell which is probably where they first appeared on the British Army scene, Loads of guys in the AMF(L) had these jumpers and they were the dog's nads!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Here's a hat load of praise for a good piece of kit! Does anyone know how we mere mortals who couldn't join the services can get hold of one? Are there any Norwegian suppliers who would ship to the U.K.? They look just the job for a winter bash up in the Cairngorms...

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Brilliant! They certainly seem to be the thing but the only trouble is my Norwegian is non-existent. Can anyone help out with that?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE