Norfolk Pigeons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
In my quest for reasonably priced pigeon shooting without the need for a load of quasi-feudal cap doffing etc. I've found another fantastic opportunity which I thought I'd share. My search started with e-bay, I placed a bid & found myself with a day's roost shooting for £20.00!
I popped down to Norfolk yesterday & found myself in a fantastic piece of Norfolk woodland (I'd forgotten just how magical a Norfolk sporting estate wood can be) waiting for pigeons to come flighting in.

NorthRunctonpigeonshootingMay2011001.jpg

Now, I hear you say, roost shooting is traditionally a winter pursuit carried out at dusk when there's no foliage to obscure your view. Well normally it is, but, if you like difficult & exciting snap shooting give it a try!
Did I see pigeons? Yes.
Did I get some shots? Yes I did.
Did I connect with any birds? Sadly no - I think I need a few sessions at clays again!
Will I go again? Yes, although I may wait until they are offering decoying days again on e-bay.

NorthRunctonpigeonshootingMay2011002.jpg

If this is your bag, have a look at e-bay & search for pigeon shooting in other hunting. The seller is huntingnjumping.

(Usual caveat, no connection just a satisfied customer).
:beerchug:

Last edited:

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
That looks like a good day out none the less, I had a walk around our woods today as I had bought a new shotgun and ended up with the same bag, to slow for the doo's miles off the crow i seen and the squirrel craftily jumped over our boundry fence just as i seen him, of course I put it down to not having my eye in with the new gun :-D

If every I can recomend a guide service its Mark Robson at pigeons all day long, http://www.pigeonalldaylong.com/ I have decoyed pigeons and geese with him, brilliant days out!!! Mark is a great guy and tries very hard to put you on the birds!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE