Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Richard here again,

I'm a little more available for meets now since starting my new business,
and would love to meet up ASAP.

anyone around i'll try to update get photo's ect to get the thread going again.

cheers guy's add as much as you want!

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Hello all

After some personal changes in life im back on the internet and back out in the woods again, which is all good thought i was going to have to give it all up.

So what has everybody been up to?

weekender

R

Rocks703

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Just been directed here from britishblades.com
Looking for some ideas on where is good to go for some hardcore/survival camping areas in Norfolk.
Can any one recommend an area?
Normally would travel out of Norfolk but this time I want to take my 7 year niece and show what fun she can have.

Cheers

Rocks

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's well i have had a very busy year,
starting up a business has taken up loads of time and effort,

thankfully it's slowing down a little now which means i'll have some spare time in the next few months, does anyone want to meet up?
as usual i have new gear to play with!

cheers
Rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Probabl best point out my Mobile hasn't been working for ages, Damascus just reminded me, i thought should tell everyone.

many :( apologies if anyone has sent me a text or called my mobile in the last 6 months or so.
i haven't even been able to read my messages.:censored:

so anyone upto bushy things?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi i have a new toy,
My wife very kindly bought me a parachute to play with!
(it's the muti coloured sort ejector seats have)
so far I've only opened it up on the garden to see how big is is, i may need help setting it up as a shelter in the woods does anyone want to join me?:D

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
It was good to meet up today on the heath, that paracute is a bit bright. Was it windy or wot?

100_0120.jpg

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Hi Rich
Good to see you are still around. Just found this new thread after being the last to post on the old one!
Still been ticking over with a few projects, Completed a 200 mile unsupported backpacking trip across Scotland in May - the TGO Challenge. Thoroughly recommend this as a worthwile event.
Finished the wood burning stove I mentioned in the last post and may even get round to sorting some pics sometime.
Just finishing the last of the pickled Alexanders I picked in June and last years sloe gin.

See ya soon hopefully

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Still alive too!
This last summer was taken over by the bike. And I'll start training for next year after Chrimble. I've a couple of century rides and then a triple C to do on the longest day next summer.
I have been playing with my forge a bit of late. I have a blade tempering in the oven right now, and a firestriker just completed.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Cool Hi, guy's
i thought i'd lost the group!

Thank's for posting the pictures Globetrotter!

things are alot easier my end, my business now running smoothly (after a bumpy start),with a great outlook for next year.

I had to pretty much put anything Bushcrafty on hold for the year, I've been making a few things, trying out a few ideas (hence the parachute) as a say not really got out much only with globetrotter for a couple of walks one involved us getting very lost in the dark(very funny should have been there).
sadly only one night under a tarp which was in front of my mums caravan with my son and my sisters son so i'm not sure it counts as bushcraft.
it was funny though i set up the tarp in kelling heath which does not allow such activities so i spent a fair time with a camo net making sure it would not be found.

i met a nice chap who teaches Bushcraft at kelling heath £5 for a few hours (well worth it if you're up that way!).

Snufkin, i'd love a propper forged steel if you are up for it, i'll even pay you!
I'll have to show you my very poor attempt at a knife project i made years ago! LOL

Kev, 200 miles!!!! phew!:eek: not sure i could do that at present, though scotland is appealing, i don't feel i could leave my wife and very needy little'ns for lonfg enough to walk that distance, cool idea though prehaps when they are older.

mmmmm...sloe gin!:rolleyes:

hope to see you all soon,
prehaps a meet up after crimbo?

If you guy's have not come across Globetrotter yet I'm sure you'll get on with him.

Cheers
Richard:You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Cool Hi, guy's
i thought i'd lost the group!

Thank's for posting the pictures Globetrotter!

things are alot easier my end, my business now running smoothly (after a bumpy start),with a great outlook for next year.

I had to pretty much put anything Bushcrafty on hold for the year, I've been making a few things, trying out a few ideas (hence the parachute) as a say not really got out much only with globetrotter for a couple of walks one involved us getting very lost in the dark(very funny should have been there).
sadly only one night under a tarp which was in front of my mums caravan with my son and my sisters son so i'm not sure it counts as bushcraft.
it was funny though i set up the tarp in kelling heath which does not allow such activities so i spent a fair time with a camo net making sure it would not be found.

i met a nice chap who teaches Bushcraft at kelling heath £5 for a few hours (well worth it if you're up that way!).

Snufkin, i'd love a propper forged steel if you are up for it, i'll even pay you!
I'll have to show you my very poor attempt at a knife project i made years ago! LOL

Kev, 200 miles!!!! phew!:eek: not sure i could do that at present, though scotland is appealing, i don't feel i could leave my wife and very needy little'ns for lonfg enough to walk that distance, cool idea though prehaps when they are older.

mmmmm...sloe gin!:rolleyes:

hope to see you all soon,
prehaps a meet up after crimbo?

If you guy's have not come across Globetrotter yet I'm sure you'll get on with him.

Cheers
Richard:You_Rock_
No probs on the firestriker. I'll pm you when I have one available.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I went out this morning early to Hemblington and saw a roe deer and bird of prey (kestral?)

100_0157.jpg

I took my modified stove but did not get chance to use it as wife needed to get home. So I'm looking at popped out tomorrow somewhere.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
OK Folks I'll start the ball rolling - I'm up for a day out on either weekend of 3/4th or 10/11th January. My local stomping ground is Dunwich woods but suggestions for a more central venue near Norwich might be better.

Any takers ?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Kev, Ill try to keep one or the other free,
not been to Dunwich, prehaps we can car-pool to get there?

Went on a nice walk today a circular route,
New costessey, old costessey, easton, and back to new costessey via woodland walks
i saw a green woodpecker feeding on the ground, and a flock of about 20 long tailed tits swarmed around in a tree next to me and got within 4 ft from me!

tried out my new 44 patern waterbottle cover(exciting if you like that kind of thing LOL)

:rolleyes:

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
We'll see who else is up for it then and make a firm decision on dates after Christmas. I sold my Land Rover yesterday so need to get some transport sorted asap.

BTW - here's some pics of that wood burning stove I knocked up earlier in the year.

Ready to burn...

The parts...

...and all packed away inside the Zebra.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Great little cooker. And a good excuse to buy some golden syrup (I used to eat it straight from the tin with a spoon as a kid. Supersonic sugar rush:D ).

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
OH yeah!
syrup is cool!,

i like the cook set, obviously well used!
I have a pic of globe trotters cook-set somewhere, it looks far more expensive than it is.

though my car is having problems I'm happy to pick people up!

I'm really quite into the idea of Landrovers at present, my car keeps having problems with electrics that older cars just wouldn't have! something to do with engine sensors cutting the engine off! spent over £800 on the car so far on various garage trips, we bought the car for £600, Hmmm :(
I reckon a nice old bashed up "Landy" would be great to fix it you just whack it with a hammer! :rolleyes:

may as well point out there are still loads of wild foods for the picking!

i did some conservation work recently and found the floor littered with literally hundreds of crab apples! bitter but sweet! well worth a look!

Just sent off a bit of antler on the swap area hopefully getting a 1980's survival book in exchange!

Have you noticed friends asking questions in relation to the "BBC survivors" programme, a friend of mine just out of the blue asked me "is it easy to purify water?"

are there any quiet watchers? that haven't said hello yet?

if so please do!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE