Nordkalotten 365 with English Subs.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nice one Dave, I've got these saved somewhere but not with subtitles. Fantastic series and amazing guy that man is too! You should check out his gear on his website. If any man knows what works outdoors in the wild stuff this man does. Forget your Mears, Gryllis and all the rest, they all fall in this mans shadow!

Can you tell I think he's very good? pmsl

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers Dave, got that bookmarked now.

I saw one of these recently but then couldn't find it again.

Are they available to buy with subtitles ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I believe the show was one of the first to be made publicly available to download, via torrent.

So I assume there would not be any copyrights issue.

Orbit is an excellent free application for downloading streaming video. Increased my d/l speed 4 fold to 200kbps.

[Although I dont know if it will download the subs, which are normally a seperate .srt file]

http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Nice one Dave, I've got these saved somewhere but not with subtitles. Fantastic series and amazing guy that man is too! You should check out his gear on his website. If any man knows what works outdoors in the wild stuff this man does. Forget your Mears, Gryllis and all the rest, they all fall in this mans shadow!

Can you tell I think he's very good? pmsl

Remember that Lars Monsen is no "survival" or "bushcraft" dude. He`s doing what is regarded as camping (wilderness kind) around here, only a lot more of it than most of us:) .
One can`t just compare him to Bear :eek: or Ray. They have a whole different way of being outdoors.
Lars Monsen has earlier walked from north to south of Norway along the border (I actually met him then as I was in the army, Finnish border) and walked over Alaska (10months and 3000km) and Canada (8252km and 947 days).
I don`t know if any of these trips are on the web/for sale with english subs, but it is worth a try (His trek along the norwegian border is not filmed). The canadian trek is absolutely worth watching.
He has also written a lot of books. Both fact books and from his wilderness treks.

He is sort of a wilderness guru in Norway and he really knows what he`s doing.

Tor

Wayland

Hárbarðr
sign15.gif

Remember that Lars Monsen is no "survival" or "bushcraft" dude. He`s doing what is regarded as camping (wilderness kind) around here, only a lot more of it than most of us:) .
One can`t just compare him to Bear :eek: or Ray. They have a whole different way of being outdoors.
Lars Monsen has earlier walked from north to south of Norway along the border (I actually met him then as I was in the army, Finnish border) and walked over Alaska (10months and 3000km) and Canada (8252km and 947 days).
I don`t know if any of these trips are on the web/for sale with english subs, but it is worth a try (His trek along the norwegian border is not filmed). The canadian trek is absolutely worth watching.
He has also written a lot of books. Both fact books and from his wilderness treks.

He is sort of a wilderness guru in Norway and he really knows what he`s doing.

Tor
Yes you are right Tor and it is the wilderness guru aspect that I was emphasising. Can you tell me if any of his books are printed in English? I've been looking for tha last couple of years and can't find anything in English. I really wish that he could be exposed a bit more over here as I think this guy is very inspiring and he's a very knowledgable and likable guy.

WS

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I really wish that he could be exposed a bit more over here as I think this guy is very inspiring and he's a very knowledgable and likable guy.

WS

Im going to try and translate the norwegian subs for the Canada på tvers med Lars Monsen (2005) DVD

306589.jpg

:rolleyes: I'll post a link If it works.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
watched most of these last night ,they are just great.why dont we get snow like that :( e i would like to source these on dvd they are fantastic.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Translating subs line by line is a tedious chore.

[Especially when there are over 1250 lines. :) ]

I post the English subs in a few days.

In the meantime one of you could crack on and translate Nordkalotten episode 5.
[Then 6,7,8,9....]

;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE