Non-fast Dyneema

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I got 100m of green 1mm dyneema from [thread=114260] this group buy[/thread]. When it arrived it had a strong solventy smell, so I stuck it in the porch and forgot about it. Today, I decided I had to do something with it as I would like to use it on a new tarp I have bought. I tried washing it in very week washing up water (2 drops in a sink full), which made the colour run something chronic. It's now dripping over the bath staining everything green. I looks like I killed a Vulcan in there...

Did anyone else have issues with this dyneema, the colour running and with the solventy smell? Any recommendations for how to either fix the die, or just wash it off?

Thanks

Julia

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Funnily enough I actually did something with mine just last week!

It was all tangled so spent a couple of hours on that as so thin it was hard to do then ended up with hands like the Hulk!

I've rinsed and washed a few times to get the bulk off but just figure it'll still stain for a while.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Just had nosey at the original GB thread.

This was from midnighthound

"Not unknown for coloured Dyneema but be aware that some dark green dye excess does come off on your hands etc. to start with."

Not a lot of help to ya I know, but I spotted it so I posted it :p

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Funnily enough I actually did something with mine just last week!

It was all tangled so spent a couple of hours on that as so thin it was hard to do then ended up with hands like the Hulk!

I've rinsed and washed a few times to get the bulk off but just figure it'll still stain for a while.

So you're turning into the Hulk, and I've got Vulcan blood everywhere. Has anyone been near this stuff with a Geiger counter?

Just had nosey at the original GB thread.

This was from midnighthound

"Not unknown for coloured Dyneema but be aware that some dark green dye excess does come off on your hands etc. to start with."

Not a lot of help to ya I know, but I spotted it so I posted it :p

Aye, I read that. I was wondering now it's been a while how people were getting on with it, if anyone was still having problems with the dye even after this long ?

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE